Posative Posts Only Please

Bod

Hello all Home comers

Not been on line for a while not set up as I'm back with my Mum and Dad for the mean time.

I ve seen alot of negative posts so I thought I'd add a posative post.

House prices in the UK are falling big time.

The exchange rate is great at the moment. $-£

The Eastern europeans seem to be going back to help there own booming economies.

Boris has kicked red Ken out as Mayor of London

The Tories seem to be getting ready to kick out this alwful Labour govenment.

The UK is not as crap as some have made out. well not around my area anyway.

Not every one hear is down on life.

Today has been lovely. I,ve seen the sun and it's touching on 17 Degrees.:cool:

If you are coming back, this I think is a good time to come back. This is still one of the best countrys in the world.

And as it has been said before life is what you make it.

So as Lesley used to say Come on down.

John

COME ON YOU BLUES

Guest JoanneHattersley

Welcome back Essex!!!!! WE`ve missed ya!

Glad to hear that you seem to be happy back in the UK! Lots of luck with whatever you do!

Guest kdal

Hi John, So good to hear from you and glad to hear your lapping up the British Sunshine and loving it!

House prices falling is a big NEGATIVE for me, although a POSITIVE for you !!

Have you looked into the work situation yet?? HUbbie pricing up a big job today, although not sure what it involved until he gets in.

I have to agree England is a lovely country

Welcome Home

Enjoy !

All of those positives for many, I agree. England is a great place to live.

However, Eastern Europeans are not going back. They are still coming over in their thousands. Taking jobs from hardworking British. Taking taxpayers money. Being given houses.

Not all of them, no. But many.

Hi John, So good to hear from you and glad to hear your lapping up the British Sunshine and loving it!

House prices falling is a big NEGATIVE for me, although a POSITIVE for you !!

Have you looked into the work situation yet?? HUbbie pricing up a big job today, although not sure what it involved until he gets in.

I have to agree England is a lovely country

Welcome Home

Enjoy !

Thanks Jo All a bit slow at the mo but it will take time to settle in.

Kdal

Like I said to jo it'll take a while to settle in. Work has started to come in but it will take a while. I just seem to be spending like there is no tomorrow, New van, getting it kitted out, Corgi registration. Libility insurance.Ect Ect It does remind you how exspensive it is to be a Plumber. But so be it.

Hope all is well wont be on line much but will try from time to time.

All the best John

Guest kdal

John, If you get time come to the Essex meet though!

Not sure how many people they need on this job that Daren is pricing up, but send me your email if you are interested and if he needs more Plumbers perhaps he can call you up!

Good luck Kim

Guest cantwait

However, Eastern Europeans are not going back. They are still coming over in their thousands. Taking jobs from hardworking British. Taking taxpayers money. Being given houses.

It's a shame that all of the Eastern Europeans seem to be getting tarred with the same brush. My sister met and married a lovely guy from there. He is the most honest and hard working person, and never took any of the tax payers money but did pay into the system, but the powers that be in the UK insisted the marriage was not real and wouldn't allow him to stay. My sister has been living in Moldova with him for 18 months now. They are applying for Australia when we get there.

Guest gothicqueen

I dont think its the taxpayers money that is the problem its more the lack of entry level jobs that is an issue.

As Ive said before I work in probationa nd prisons, helping ex offenders get into employment, and the typical guy coming out of prison just wants a basic job, construction labourer warehouse work etc, only they cant get even minimum waged jobs, alot of the job agencys I contact say they only take on Eastern Europeans and some have told me that the companys actually go out to Poland and such countries and recruit there as it is cheaper than recruiting in this country, So think thats more the issue than NHS/benefits etc.

I must say though that I dont come across many Eastern Europeans in probation, they pretty much keep thmselves out of trouble, so thats a plus!!!

Sorry this isnt such a 'positive' post so what can I say thats good about the UK.........

Jaffa cakes.........Im so going to miss them when Im gone :(

Guest been there before

Hi there,

So nice to read some positives about England.I have been back here (10 years in all )and love the place!!!I moved to Oz as a child and lived there pretty much my whole life until 10 years ago!Since being in England I have never had trouble getting a job (work for NHS and love it,yes really!!)The countryside is stunning,people brilliant,friendly and kind,lots to do,lots of great bands to see,lots of cultural happenings and yeah thats what life is all about right?Not bbq after bbq,boring with a capital B!!!I have travelled extensively since living in England,wonderful!!!Be proud to be british,and focus on the good stuff which there is plenty of!Good old England,love it here!!!!!

:cool: Hiya John,

Good to hear from you again, wasnt sure if you had gone to planet mars or somewhere as not had an update from you in a while.

Hope all is well & that you are starting to get sorted & guess that you have a huge grin on ya face now you are where you wanna be.

By the way im not gizmo anymore (changed my avavtor name to stuju - thats stuart & julie just to confuse you, but you should reconize the purple !!! :biglaugh:

Look foward to hearing how life is going for you & your family,

take care

stuju x (giz) :smile:

Good to hear from you ,thought you must be busy directing the movie,lol,,(yep we r still waiting,lol),you make england sound so goood but i jusy cant bring myself to even think of returning,sorry ,,but as long as its making you happy being back there long may it continue!!,

Cal x

Guest Edinburger

Wow, that list is horrific!

House prices tumbling of course sucks for those who didn't buy to let but just bought to live. Funny thing is they will go up again, as they always do, and the people whining about them being too high just now will all of a sudden have a change of opinion.

I wouldn't put Boris in charge of a local village pie stall. OMG! Look at his hair! And he's sooooo funny on telly...lol. He's a sexist, racist, homophobe and the fact anybody was stupid enough to vote for him makes me shake my head in wonder. Get rid of an unlikable but massively qualified public servent and replace with a haircut. Well done London.

Labour government on the way out? Good. Torys on the way in? Bad. Eighteen years of Tory **** up, followed by eleven years of labour **** up and we somehow arrive at the conclusion that the former will solve all the problems. Remove head from anus, then vote.

And the racist horse **** about Eastern Europeans ****s me right off. Suffice to say that I worked with a great many eastern europeans in the UK, lived amoungst them and currently rent my flat to some. I'd rather deal with them than most of the complaining, work shy british arseholes that it's been my misfortune to work alongside and manage in the past. That's without even considering the fact that half my family is Eastern European. Thanks for the blanket insult though. Keep it up.

Yet another sweeping untrue statement that makes my blood boil.

I worked as a Bank manager before I moved from the UK and was fortunate enough to meet/advise a hugh amount of eastern europeans.Everyone who opened an account had a regular wage paid through it ...not DSS payments ...salaries. All of them where living in private rented property paying full rent and getting no help from the government.I had Business clients who travel to eastern europe because they could not get british people to fill the vacant positions.

"Taking jobs from hardworking British" .... I wonder how you will feel if the Australian people see you in this light...and before you start spouting off about you paying to get here...do you really think the aussies care about this???

Seems to me that immigrants moving to the Uk cant win...if they work they are "taking jobs fronm hard working british" ..if they dont they are taking taxpayers money .

What really amazes me is this is from people who want to move to Australia ...taking jobs and claiming allowances from centre link...can no one see the irony in this !!!!

Guest Edinburger

Try this example and see what you would do.

I had a site in the UK before I left that required a great deal of dull and repetative manual labour. Really boring jobs like stone picking compacted soil layers, fillig sand bags and clearing rubble. We had about 10 Scottish guys working on it and a Polish bloke. First thing you notice is that every one of the Scots came in hungover in the morning and were, to a man, blessed with enormous beer bellys that meant they could barely bend down to pick stuff up. They'd lean on shovels for 3 minutes in every 10. Need a smoke break every 30 minutes and grumble and moan all day long from dawn till dusk. In all honesty the one Polish labourer did the work of at least 3 of the Scots. On a bad day he'd do as much as 5 of them. They hated because when he was there to work.....he worked.

In a similar situation again (which I will be) the Scots can all piss off and I'll employ 4 Polish guys instead and pay them a bit more. What possible reason could I have for not doing so?

Guest kdal

OK Guys I have to agree that at my place of work I would prefer to employ Polish rather than English, same reasons as above. I have found the Polish to be hard working, polite and trustworthy, the majority of the English now they seem to think everything should be on a plate, they do not do what is asked they are hard to motivate and constantly whinge! To be honest they can be a real liability.

BUT that should now be left to another thread maybe or not !! We should not be jumping on the band wagon and latching onto words to turn this into a racist thread.

Come on guys this is John's Happy To Be Home Thread !!

Guest JoanneHattersley

BUT that should now be left to another thread maybe or not !! We should not be jumping on the band wagon and latching onto words to turn this into a racist thread.

Come on guys this is John's Happy To Be Home Thread !!

Absolutely right and well said KDal!

John, May you have a long and happy life! May Poms still be your 2nd home! LOL:notworthy:

I would like to apologise to the guys on here who just want to welcome back John. I did not intend to start yet another slanging match. I was just disagreeing with one of his positive comments about the UK. IT IS MY OPINION.

I have thought about not bothering to reply to the angry comments I have just read, but I have to.

I clearly live in a different place to you guys. I am not saying that all Eastern Europeans are the same. But MANY of them that I and my husband have encountered through work and play have fitted this bill perfectly. I know there are many Brits that fit this bill too. And I am not singling out Polish either. Eastern Europe is made up of quite a few countries. I would say that the Polish are altogether good hardworking folk.

My comments are not insults or racist, but are based on a great deal of experience of living and working amongst some who barely speak English and who have come from a whole different place where some certain customs of theirs are just not welcome here. Please go ahead and ask me what these customs are and I will be happy to elaborate.

And don't forget I am not talking about all Eastern Europeans. Every country has people that let the side down.

Guest kdal

Hi Saunder Clan,

Of course you are entitled to your opinion, but I think it may be an idea if you would like to talk about immigrants then perhaps open a seperate thread for this subject, where it can be spoken about where people are happy to discuss this topic, rather than on John's thread which is not about this topic.

I'm sure if you open a separate thread you will have a few responses with you and against.

Good luck

Archived