internet contection

skippy79

What are the plans and speeds like in Qld, looking either sunshine coast or airlie beach areas.

Here in belgium we pay +/- €100 per month for unlimited internet( download speed is around 5mbps, but my provider says alot more, like they all do!), home phone and digital tv pack with all the whistles and bells including sport (€10 per month)

Are there any unlimited packages?

I kind of get the idea that australia is well behind europe on internet and speed..

Cheers

Unlimited always have a fair usage policy so never unlimited as such

4610871539.png

I have 1TB a month of usage allowance

All phone calls included

$129 a month

This is on cable from Telstra/Bigpond which comes with Telstra Air included

As for being behind europe I guess that depends on where you're living

New plans taken out now I believe are more now

• 2 weeks later...

I would definitely recommend TPG. We had unlimited internet and unlimited international calls for $80. Then, because we weren't making use of the international calls they called us to advise to just go on unlimited internet for $60. I didn't have to chase them, they called me. :-)

Telstra Air doesn't cost me anything

New bundles are https://www.telstra.com.au/bundles#

so $149 plus $10 for speed boost so my plan now is $159 I pay $129

How does the Air thing work please? Is it like WI/FI that is you need to be in a hotspot area or can you use it anywhere? As in rural where there's not much phone coverage?

ok that looks decent, had been looking at telstra and foxtel and the numbers are fairly impressive. For some reason I thought Aus was slower and more expensive than here in belgium.

thanks

Parts of Australia are very slow. And not just rurally either. It will depend a lot on exactly where you live and if you have access to cable or NBN or even WiMax. Where we are in Adelaide we don't have cable or NBN and there are trees between our house and the local WiMax towers so we are stuck with ADSL. (Which we couldn't get when we first moved in either due to a lack of ports. My OH kept putting in requests and we eventually got a connection.) Our download speeds are about 1mbps at the most. I consider myself lucky as a colleague in a different part of Adelaide struggles to get 0.5mbps.

When looking at potential places to live check out the roofs of surrounding houses. If you see satellite dishes or WiMax receivers then that's probably a sign internet access is poor in that area. You can also check here http://www.nbnco.com.au/connect-home-or-business/check-your-address.html?cid=google:nbn_brand_prospect_exact:nbn&gclid=CKihyqmU5McCFYiCvQodmCoIeA if a place has NBN or is going to be connected to the NBN in the near future.

Archived