Cats - worth every penny :-)

Peachy

Hi everyone,

There seems to be weekly posts about whether or not to bring pets so I am going to post my experience.

We have 3 cats: Lucinda (15), Colin (7) and Lily (2).

We didn't really hesitate to bring the cats but I was worried about how they would cope with the journey and the HUGE expense! I am pleased to report that it has been a complete success!

Unfortunately both the girls failed their rabies vaccs first time round so couldn't travel with us as planned.

Luckily Golden Arrow came to the rescue. The cats have spent 2 months at Golden Arrow and I have had detailed weekly emails with how they are getting on, what they are eating etc. Just before they left they sent pics of them so I knew they would be travelling in good health. All 3 settled very well with them.

The cats then flew to Sydney and spent 10 days in quarantine.

Dogtainers have been brilliant and collected them from Sydney and put them on the flight to Brisbane, then out to our house. I had a call to say that they would be with me at 3.15pm today and they arrived at 3.20pm because of problems parking outside the house!

We are so pleased to be reunited with the cats. I was worried that they would be stressed after 2 months apart, particularly Lucinda, who at 15 is a little set in her ways. They have all been purring like mad and desperate for cuddles.

Anyway, just to reassure people, it is worth the money and the cats have travelled astonishing well.

I would wholeheartedly recommend Golden Arrow and Dogtainers (and I am not on commission ;-) )

So glad to read that Peachy.

Our 11 yrs old cat will be making the same journey in a couple of weeks time.

He will also be boarding with Golden Arrow for 4 weeks before his flight. This is only because we need time to find a rental to bring him home to. I was a bit worried about his age but I'm glad to hear your 15 yrs old cat made it safely to Australia.

Hats off to you for funding 3 cats. I thought one was expensive.

Hope you all settle in happily.

Metoo xx

We have a cat. It's wrecked the furniture, the leather settee is covered in scratches and we only got it because my son found it at work as a fluffy kitten abandoned by its mother in a pipe at work. The other guys were going to kill it but my son didn't have the heart and brought it home. He said he was taking it to the vets. We thought that was a nice gesture. A couple of weeks later he brought the cat home, he moved out and we've ended up with it.

We won't be having another after this ones gone. Much rather have a dog but they tie you down when you have no-one else to look after them if you fancy going away. Not to mention the costs of the vet. At least my son still stumps up for vet bills.

Hi everyone,

There seems to be weekly posts about whether or not to bring pets so I am going to post my experience.

We have 3 cats: Lucinda (15), Colin (7) and Lily (2).

We didn't really hesitate to bring the cats but I was worried about how they would cope with the journey and the HUGE expense! I am pleased to report that it has been a complete success!

Unfortunately both the girls failed their rabies vaccs first time round so couldn't travel with us as planned.

Luckily Golden Arrow came to the rescue. The cats have spent 2 months at Golden Arrow and I have had detailed weekly emails with how they are getting on, what they are eating etc. Just before they left they sent pics of them so I knew they would be travelling in good health. All 3 settled very well with them.

The cats then flew to Sydney and spent 10 days in quarantine.

Dogtainers have been brilliant and collected them from Sydney and put them on the flight to Brisbane, then out to our house. I had a call to say that they would be with me at 3.15pm today and they arrived at 3.20pm because of problems parking outside the house!

We are so pleased to be reunited with the cats. I was worried that they would be stressed after 2 months apart, particularly Lucinda, who at 15 is a little set in her ways. They have all been purring like mad and desperate for cuddles.

Anyway, just to reassure people, it is worth the money and the cats have travelled astonishing well.

I would wholeheartedly recommend Golden Arrow and Dogtainers (and I am not on commission ;-) )

uploadfromtaptalk1440062224521.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1440062224521.jpg

@MARYROSE02 that cat looks right at home with you.

You won't want to let him go back to his owners lol :sad:

I love her but I let her out at 0830 today. And 12 hours later I left home without having seen her! She could be waiting for me when I get home from pub, but who knows!?

I put food out and two days later I throw it away. The kitty litter is unused too!

I know she has numerous other people in my block who love her, feed her, but it's not like having a dog which thinks you have gone forever if you go for a bottle of milk, and greets you as if you have been gone forever!?

It perplexes me. Should I worry? Even if she is waiting for me, she might go straight out again. It is weird and if I keep her in I feel mean?!

I love her but I let her out at 0830 today. And 12 hours later I left home without having seen her! She could be waiting for me when I get home from pub, but who knows!?

I put food out and two days later I throw it away. The kitty litter is unused too!

I know she has numerous other people in my block who love her, feed her, but it's not like having a dog which thinks you have gone forever if you go for a bottle of milk, and greets you as if you have been gone forever!?

It perplexes me. Should I worry? Even if she is waiting for me, she might go straight out again. It is weird and if I keep her in I feel mean?!

My cats always greet me at the door and act like we have been gone forever when we go out for the day! Perhaps not as much as the dog though. But they don't have alternative accommodation lined up, so try not to worry about the cat too much, perhaps someone else has kept her in for a few days.

My cats always greet me at the door and act like we have been gone forever when we go out for the day! Perhaps not as much as the dog though. But they don't have alternative accommodation lined up, so try not to worry about the cat too much, perhaps someone else has kept her in for a few days.

I was worried about the responsibility of looking after her but now I realize I have (almost) zero responsibility for her! If she was knocked over I would be devastated. U r right. Other people love her and get pleasure from her and I am pleased. I guess I think "why worry about looking after a cat? You get more worries from a gold fish!?"

I shouldn't worry, my neighbours only feed their cat on biscuits, she visits us most days so she can steal my cats meaty dinner. Even then we sometimes don't see her for a couple of days. She always shows up eventually.

She will torment the living day lights out of the new owners when we move out next month. Ha ha, we had better warn them to get stocked up on Felix.

this is my old boy

image.jpg

image.jpg

Archived