Good News. Melbourne World's Most Liveable City. That is 5 years in a row.

Parley

I do wonder who's benefit this "most liveable city" accolade is for? Maybe the Civic office bearers can give themselves a pat on the back and dine out on it at Civic functions for the next year!

Living in Melbourne, it doesn't make any difference to me. And I'm sure that someone living their life in London, Glasgow, Paris, New York, wherever, isn't kicking themselves that they aren't living in Melbourne. I'd never even heard of this list of liveable cities until I came to live in Melbourne.

I just googled the EIU Liveability ranking, and they don't take cost of living into their calculations for "most liveable". In their other separate Cost of Living index, Sydney and Melbourne are 5th and 6th in the top ten list.

But a win is a win! :wink:

I don't knw why Melbourne is considered so good. I found the public transport dreadful, housing incredibly over priced, and moved to Brisbane to get away from the place. I much prefer it here or Bristol which has more going on and a nicer lave to live. Melbourne is very over rated

I love Geelong and much prefer it to Melbourne. I've asked the missus if we could move there, but she laughed and made some comment about how she'd miss her barista too much. Geelong's got a nice vibe, kinda sleepy and unpretentious with a serious absence of hipsters. :smile:

I love Geelong and much prefer it to Melbourne. I've asked the missus if we could move there, but she laughed and made some comment about how she'd miss her barista too much. Geelong's got a nice vibe, kinda sleepy and unpretentious with a serious absence of hipsters. :smile:

Plus I live there, which is a major bonus.

Besides, Smellbum is full of pretentious w@nkers (yerself and amibovered excepted)!

oops sorry mate! When did you get back? What's it like? Is it....................................as good as Smellbum????!!!!!

Been back a couple of months now, it's good, seems so busy compared to Melb, I imagine we'll move back to Australia one day, I've always promised the Mrs we'd go back when she wants, so I'm just going to savour every moment we're here.

Been back a couple of months now, it's good, seems so busy compared to Melb, I imagine we'll move back to Australia one day, I've always promised the Mrs we'd go back when she wants, so I'm just going to savour every moment we're here.

oooh, that sounds a bit temporary?

oooh, that sounds a bit temporary?

Well, at the moment we're talking 5 or 6 years, or maybe until retirement, 14 or 15 years, the old girl loves living in the U.K so I don't think it'll be too soon, but her parents are in Victoria and in good health but they are not getting any younger, so we'll see!!

Well, at the moment we're talking 5 or 6 years, or maybe until retirement, 14 or 15 years, the old girl loves living in the U.K so I don't think it'll be too soon, but her parents are in Victoria and in good health but they are not getting any younger, so we'll see!!

Whereabouts are you in Blighty mate?

Archived