Sky TV engineer

willie2506

Hello everyone I'm new too this and seeking some help, I have tried migrating before and lost a lot of money, around 3.500 pounds on an agent that apparently done my application wrong. Well put my skill under the wrong job description. I'm a digital satellite TV engineer in the UK, the equivalent to a foxtel technician in aus, the agent said it would be no issues and put me through as an electronic equipment trades worker, it came back as a fail., this was 6 years ago, I've been wanting to try again as I've heard from a few people within sky that colleagues down south went over under this trade but He obviously done something wrong, I have approached migration agents for advice and they all seem to think I'm fine but obviously dubious as I don't want to lose money again, can anyone give me any advice or point me in the right direction or does anyone know someone that's done this either through sky TV or equivalent, Thankyou.

Good luck with whatever you do! I was looking to emigrate to Australia a year ago on the electrical trades equipment worker route but seeing as it cost around £6k to get a permanent visa i left it. I'm now thinking of going out there on a working holiday visa next year to find out what its really like before deciding to spend that money. Go Matilda is who i spoke to at the time they were honest and helpful.

I use to work for sky myself i left last October after 6 years covering the Suffolk/Essex area. What area do you currently cover?

Hello everyone I'm new too this and seeking some help, I have tried migrating before and lost a lot of money, around 3.500 pounds on an agent that apparently done my application wrong. Well put my skill under the wrong job description. I'm a digital satellite TV engineer in the UK, the equivalent to a foxtel technician in aus, the agent said it would be no issues and put me through as an electronic equipment trades worker, it came back as a fail., this was 6 years ago, I've been wanting to try again as I've heard from a few people within sky that colleagues down south went over under this trade but He obviously done something wrong, I have approached migration agents for advice and they all seem to think I'm fine but obviously dubious as I don't want to lose money again, can anyone give me any advice or point me in the right direction or does anyone know someone that's done this either through sky TV or equivalent, Thankyou.

If you use a MARA registered agent you will get the advice that you need and can trust, they have a governing body that they answer to so have to do their job properly. I'm fairly sure if they gave you such bad advice that their information lead to you losing money (and it would have to be their info not that you had misinformed them) you would have some sort of come back and a complaints procedure you could go through which would hold them accountable

Thanks for the replies, I did try complaining but fell on deaf ears, it was the migration bureau, they have offices here and in newzealand, once the offices here finished with me I was transferred to newzealand and wasn't a pleasant experience, it was over 6 years ago and once hearing from other people had went over under this trade, I started asking questions again, and found out I had done it under the wrong job description, I'm in Scotland area and have over 9 years experience, thanks for your tips will try go Matilda and see if they can offer a better service.

My husband has applied for a visa under electronic equipment trades worked. Did you have your skills approved by vetassess the first time round?

We we are going with Go Matilda and they have been brilliant. Up to now including the Vetassess, Go Matilda fees, Visas, medical and police it has cost £7500 (for 4 of us)

Also that trade really does encompass a large variation. For example, my husband repairs circuit boards out of plasma TVs, amplifiers, laptops, speakers all sorts, but doesn't really know much about alarm systems and telephone networks etc.

Unfortunately there isn't any electronic equipment trades workers on here at the moment , I have tried asking (unless they are hiding)

Good luck form the next round. X x

My husband has applied for a visa under electronic equipment trades worked. Did you have your skills approved by vetassess the first time round?

We we are going with Go Matilda and they have been brilliant. Up to now including the Vetassess, Go Matilda fees, Visas, medical and police it has cost £7500 (for 4 of us)

Also that trade really does encompass a large variation. For example, my husband repairs circuit boards out of plasma TVs, amplifiers, laptops, speakers all sorts, but doesn't really know much about alarm systems and telephone networks etc.

Unfortunately there isn't any electronic equipment trades workers on here at the moment , I have tried asking (unless they are hiding)

Good luck form the next round. X x

thankyou for your help, I was assessed by tra the last time, im not sure if that made a difference or not tho, thanks again

Not hiding, but my experience so far doesn't really relate to yours. I originally came to Australia sponsored on a 457, and then went through the transition stream for a 186.

Best of luck with everything. If I can chip-in some help I'll be glad to help when I have something to offer. [emoji3]

Not hiding, but my experience so far doesn't really relate to yours. I originally came to Australia sponsored on a 457, and then went through the transition stream for a 186.

Best of luck with everything. If I can chip-in some help I'll be glad to help when I have something to offer. [emoji3]

Suzukiscottie what job did you get sponsorship for?

Electronic engineering technician if my memory is right.

Edit: yes just checked my old 457 grant notification. That was it. Strangely my 186 grant notification doesn't mention any category at all. It's just the transition stream from Employer nomination, but I guess that's normal because it's the nomination after being in the same role for a period of time.

Electronic engineering technician if my memory is right.

Edit: yes just checked my old 457 grant notification. That was it. Strangely my 186 grant notification doesn't mention any category at all. It's just the transition stream from Employer nomination, but I guess that's normal because it's the nomination after being in the same role for a period of time.

I've been trying for years to get a sponsorship and I'm notified everyday of job notifications, unfortunately not been successful so far, majority of work in this trade is sub contracted, could you recommend a job site to look on or a company that could assist in 457 visa job search and assistance. Thankyou everyone for your advice/comments.

I've been trying for years to get a sponsorship and I'm notified everyday of job notifications, unfortunately not been successful so far, majority of work in this trade is sub contracted, could you recommend a job site to look on or a company that could assist in 457 visa job search and assistance. Thankyou everyone for your advice/comments.

A 457 is rarely a good way to go.

First, hard for many trades to get.

Then, this is only a temporary visa and should only be treated as such. There is no guarantee of gaining PR. It is also tied to the employer, so if you lose your job, you only have 90 days to find another sponsor, willing and able to take over the sponsorship - not every company can sponsor - or leave the country. This happens a LOT.

There are also financial issues. If you have children, 457 holders in some states have to pay for education - at least $4k per year. College and uni education is at international fee level, so a uni course can be 10's of thousands per year.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Adele244, my husband is busy with stage 1 with Vetassess for Electronic Equipment trades worker, I would greatly appreciate it if my husband could make contact with your husband to maybe get a few pointers as he is super nervous and has no idea what to expect, he basically is in the same line of work as your husband?

Hi Willie,

That same thing happened to me. I was with an agent that everyone raves about Go Matilda and they advised me to be assessed by TRA, came back as failed as the trade should have been assessed by Vetasses..well cheesed off. When challenged it was a shrug of the shoulders and no refund. very professional!!

Anyhow, 5 years later we are back on track with a great agent, Pippa at Concept Australia, I would highly recommend. All info is in, so now hopefully waiting for a grant.

• 2 months later...

Hello, I had a job offer signed contract etc but now employer has pulled out due to loss of contract, probs a good thing as if it happened when over there I wouldn't have been happy.

im now looking at state sponsorship as we have family over in aus plus my skill telecommunication technician is on the state sol list but trying to find out who assesses my trade as I'm pointed towards tra but it's not on there page so waiting on feedback from them.

A bit dubious of using an agent again as I've lost a lot of money before so obviously lost trust, thankyou all for your feedback, very much appreciated

• 1 month later...

Archived