Dilemma with agent, please advise!

Carissa Summers

Hi, has anybody used the agent James (Jim) Gordon from Just Migrate? We are in the process of doing my husbands Trade Recognition Assessment. Just wondering if the agent is genuine and if anyone has had a successful outcome with him? we started this process two years ago, we've paid him £1000, we have provided him all the info that he has asked for yet he will not reply and give us a time frame or any indication if he thinks my husband will pass TRA or not. I sent him an email on the 6th August with the last pieces of evidence attached and asked for a time frame again. Or if he doesn't think there is sufficient evidence how much longer my husband needs to work to get the evidence. All he has responded with today is an email asking for my husbands work history from the 6th august to today? he hasn't anwered ay of our questions yet again, starting to think he's leading us on and if we should be looking for a new agent and reporting the guy to MARA. Thanks in advance for any advice! Carissa and Theo :)

Hi, has anybody used the agent James (Jim) Gordon from Just Migrate? We are in the process of doing my husbands Trade Recognition Assessment. Just wondering if the agent is genuine and if anyone has had a successful outcome with him? we started this process two years ago, we've paid him £1000, we have provided him all the info that he has asked for yet he will not reply and give us a time frame or any indication if he thinks my husband will pass TRA or not. I sent him an email on the 6th August with the last pieces of evidence attached and asked for a time frame again. Or if he doesn't think there is sufficient evidence how much longer my husband needs to work to get the evidence. All he has responded with today is an email asking for my husbands work history from the 6th august to today? he hasn't anwered ay of our questions yet again, starting to think he's leading us on and if we should be looking for a new agent and reporting the guy to MARA. Thanks in advance for any advice! Carissa and Theo :)

If he is not MARA registered, there is no point reporting him to MARA.

I agree that the delays you have experienced are out of the ordinary and there is quite probably something amiss here.

We paid 2600 to use our agent, and I could have done a lot of the stuff myself and are always chasing them up, but that said there are also something's I couldn't do too, anyway my partner applied for his trade ass test on line him self picked a date in Wembley and paid for the test, hope this helps xx

My husband did his tra, and it only took 3 months to get his positive result back, he had to do a qualification before this which was another couple of months, but don't understand how yours has taken this long? Have they said you have to do any qualifications at all?

Hey Mazz, yes he had to do the AQF III which was 18 months ago now! He just keeps asking for more evidence but we have provided him with everything so now he keeps asking for recent invoices of works completed. getting so frustrated. Emailed him on the 6th asking for like the 7th or 8th time for a time frame of when it will be submitted and all he replied with was can i get your most recent invoice. Arghh!!

Thanks Pom Queen, Iv checked the website, James is registered -

[TABLE=class: searchResultTable, width: 0]

[TR=bgcolor: #F6EBB2]

[TD]James Joseph[/TD]

[TD]Gordon[/TD]

[TD]Must Migrate[/TD]

[TD]DUNMOW ESSEX[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]United Kingdom[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Well that is good news for you, as MARA may be able to help you out then, if he has failed in some way.

Have you been working with this agent for the whole two years? You said you sent requested information on the 6 August, so being Devils advocate here, are the delays really his fault if you have only just sent the information? He can only work as quickly as you and even when using an agent, the onus is still on the individual to pull everything together.

I am a bit puzzled about the request for work history from 6 August, not sure how work history in the last six days can be so necessary!

• 1 month later...
Hi Kirsty, sorry for the delay in replying. I have no idea! Is the vetassess what your hubby did? We thought you could only do the TRA via an agent.

The skills assessing authority depends on occupation and sometimes your location as ll, but it is nothing to do with whether there is an agent involved.

To be honest, I think maybe it is time to cut your losses and bin this agent off. Even if you do lose the £1,000 already paid. I am not sure what the occupation is, but what if whilst you are faffing around with this agent your occupation comes off the lists and you miss your shot for good?

Sometimes we have to write money off. Actually many moons ago, I was caught out by a bad agent too and I wrote off £1,000 too, but I did it quickly and decisively and got my visa a short time later after handling the application myself from that point.

Maybe it is time to talk to s good reputable agent, there are some that post on here that have solid track records and we can confirm some names if you wish.

Sorry bingo I missed you out when replying. yes we have been working with him for about 18 months my husband said. I got it wrong when i said 2 years! The things i sent him on the 6th august were just recent invoices. Thats all he keeps asking for. We had an initial checklist and we provided him with all the evidence he needed from it. But since then he just keep asking for recent invoices.

Sorry bingo I missed you out when replying. yes we have been working with him for about 18 months my husband said. I got it wrong when i said 2 years! The things i sent him on the 6th august were just recent invoices. Thats all he keeps asking for. We had an initial checklist and we provided him with all the evidence he needed from it. But since then he just keep asking for recent invoices.

Cut your losses. You are wasting your time here.

There are a few MARA agents on here, one I can recommend myself if you want one, always responds within a very small timeframe, answers questions in a factual way which I like personally. If I'm not sure on something I ask and he always responds even though I'm sure he might think jesus woman sod off with the questions haha... But he answers honestly and advises us on all possible strategies etc

And to put a cherry on the top he's very good at what he does and has a good reputation on PIO.

A good agent is priceless.... To me anyway.

He sounds like exactly he guy we need! Thanks Jodi, would be brilliant if you could pass his details on.

It sounds like you've got a dodgy agent. My advice? Get yourself a proper MARA registered agent, forget about trying to get a 457, and persevere with the 189.

Even if you managed to get a 457, you'd just have to go through the whole PR application again in 2 years - so why put yourself through all that again? Be patient, and get it right first time.

His name is Westly Russell.... wrussell on here....do your research, have a look at his posts, background etc... I always found he was straight to the point in his responses to people, which I personally like. He doesn't beat around the bush, straight and factual but I find him refreshing and quite funny actually.

There are other agents who I'm sure do a good job too.

All the very best of luck xx

Applications involving TRA are sometimes hard to manage and historically they were even more difficult, such that for some years I was most reluctant to manage trade-skills applications.

It is possible that your RMA is being cautious and careful. A RMA must follow your legal instructions. If you believe you know better than your RMA, then issue instructions.

I have the following clause on all my service agreements:

In addition to these costs we will bill you for 15 minutes work for each unsolicited email we receive from you, or from a party acting on your behalf, in excess of 5 emails.

I have never invoked this clause. My record for unsolicited emails from a client is 365.

Applications involving TRA are sometimes hard to manage and historically they were even more difficult, such that for some years I was most reluctant to manage trade-skills applications.

It is possible that your RMA is being cautious and careful. A RMA must follow your legal instructions. If you believe you know better than your RMA, then issue instructions.

I have the following clause on all my service agreements:

In addition to these costs we will bill you for 15 minutes work for each unsolicited email we receive from you, or from a party acting on your behalf, in excess of 5 emails.

I have never invoked this clause. My record for unsolicited emails from a client is 365.

is this the case with anyone who goes through TRA? We have applied for painting trade worker, had no problem getting TRA. Just waiting on grant now. Do these trades usually take longer than normal to be granted then?

is this the case with anyone who goes through TRA? We have applied for painting trade worker, had no problem getting TRA. Just waiting on grant now. Do these trades usually take longer than normal to be granted then?

I think WRussell was referring to the skills assessment, not the visa grant. Yes a trade skills assessment can be much harder than a professional / office occupation one.

I think WRussell was referring to the skills assessment, not the visa grant. Yes a trade skills assessment can be much harder than a professional / office occupation one.

Yes I was. For one example:

Uploaded certified scans are accepted for 'General Occupations'. For Trade Occupations' certified paper documents are called for and the process has more steps and is considerably more costly.

Archived