Convincing rest of family to move to Oz

Helenodd

Oops sorry in fact we started out applying for 475 but ended up with a subclass 190 visa .....who knew! Hopefully that gives more positive picture. Embassy has advised all fine to proceed en famille .

many Thanks all

All good then so back to 'convincing' your family!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a very fine cook and can be very persuasive When I set my mind to it..;) .however am going more for a case presentation and time for all to reflect and reconvene approach......v hard to get us all together in one room at present everyone spinning their own plates and social and work lives. I'll post when we have firm conclusion best wishes

what age are your kids?

What made them all change their mind? I have always said to give it a go but my OH is Australian. Honestly we have a good life family and friends here, kids happy at school but I feel I would regret not trying it... Hope you can all work it out xx

Daughter 16 son 13 all have friends but daughter transitioning and hubby's jiob ending end September just right time for us to fly . We will all regret it I am determined for us to give it a go and am clearing cupboards cooking lovely dinner as we correspond...wish me luck! Fear of change feeling settled and stubborn determination runs through all 3 ...it'll be the making of them down under :)

Your 16 yr old might be better to do A levels before she leaves. She will have to do yrs 11 and 12 but if she wants to continue education in UK at some later date then she could be disadvantaged re international student fees, foundation year for Uni etc. it really sounds like this is your dream, your aspiration and your determination that THEY WILL LIKE IT OR ELSE. Why is it so hard to assimilate that they don't want to go? How long will you force them to put up with it? What will it take for you to let them leave and reclaim the life they didn't want to leave? What if it's the death of them down under?

I am normally a "go for it!" kind of girl but I am really troubled by your posts. If everyone else in happy in UK, and at crucial stages of their education, why force something through that reflects your individual desires. I appreciate you have life choices too, but unfortunately sometimes you have to make sacrifices for your family. I honestly hope this ends well for you, but I am concerned by the nature of your posts that it wont.

Thanks all for concerns. Obviously I can't MAKe my family go but am just highlighting ops to them And they are listening and considering options and reflecting. I have spent , like all parents, many years making sacrifices and will continue to do so of course for all their lives. I do think it is reassuring and concerning how much people feel they can delve deeper inti my families status and without knowing us ally with one side or the other. We are all pretty bright, self confident people with strong views and senses of values. My children of course feel they are happy but not a happy as a parent who knows them best, believes is a true positive happy. There is IB programme for older daughter and I wines toy think she'll be very very happy if and when we go. Our family needs a different environment for well founded and personal reasons which I won't go into. I wish you all well and ask thread now to end as we reflect and set things in place. Many Thanks all