Cost of visa for family

lauza

Hi im new on this , i was wandering if anyone knew of any other way of cutting down the cost of visa prices , im married to an austrailian, living in the uk with my 2 sons ( his step sons) , the total cost for our visa is coming to almost £7000 pounds

add that on top of what we will have to consider with moving costs and housing etc. I just didnt expect there to be such a charge when we are married.

I am also pregnant atm, his family all live in austrailia, im a hair stylist and make-up artist here i the uk , ive enquired about a skilled migration visa which is only about £100 cheaper, so not much point in that.

Any help or input would be much appreciated

tia

laura :)

Partner visas bring in u skilled individuals who may or may not become productive members of society. They also do not need to be supported by their citizen partner (there is no salary minimum unlike the UK) and so the government may find they have to support an entire family rather thN a single individual in the future. The government chooses to recoup the costs in part through high partner visa fees.

Hi im new on this , i was wandering if anyone knew of any other way of cutting down the cost of visa prices , im married to an austrailian, living in the uk with my 2 sons ( his step sons) , the total cost for our visa is coming to almost £7000 pounds

add that on top of what we will have to consider with moving costs and housing etc. I just didnt expect there to be such a charge when we are married.

I am also pregnant atm, his family all live in austrailia, im a hair stylist and make-up artist here i the uk , ive enquired about a skilled migration visa which is only about £100 cheaper, so not much point in that.

Any help or input would be much appreciated

tia

laura :)

Hi Lauza,

Welcome to Pomsinoz.

Sadly I have to echo @Bungo 's comment. Visa fees are set, and unfortunately there is no way around it.

Just to note, the Partner Visas run into several months of processing time and some argue that they are more difficult to obtain. Skilled visas (if you are eligible for one) are fast tracked and as long as you do some preparation and have a valid skills assessment then you can obtain a visa much faster.

Yup, suck it up, basically, and be grateful that you're not after a visa in the opposite direction which does lead one to say - be sure he gets his UK citizenship before he leaves!

Do do you have permission to take your sons? That could be yet another hurdle in your way!

Have to say I think that's a pretty reasonable cost to remove threequarters of a family across - administration costs in any country where we want the relevant staff to earn a decent living are bound to be more than rock- bottom prices.

Archived