Renting

Kirstyj

Hi we are moving over on the 7th dec, we have booked a hotel for 10 days, we are looking to rent for the 1st 6 months in the mandurah area, can you please tell me what we will needs ie references and such as we will be new to this, also can you tell me how long it takes to get the keys once you have chosen somewhere, thank you in advance.

We have had keys in two days and other times taken couple of weeks...depends when place is available from n how long your refs take to clear n when estate agent does inspection for new tenants etc...you will need refs like u say n quite often they ask for personal refs too...n proof of income. .ID. . the bond which is usually first two weeks rent..plus two weeks rent up front. Some ppl make up rental packs with letters etc..We didn't do this, just filled in the application we got either on line or paper

Put together a rental pack. It should contain a cover letter, self written describing yourselves "We are a family of X, from UK, home owners, very house proud, well behaved dog etc etc.". Then include copies of your identification, visa status, employment contract, savings, anything you think you would like to see if you were a landlord. If you have a reference then great, but it is not as imperative as you might think, we had a two line letter from the agent in UK who was letting our house out, it just said our house was well presented.

My my concern with your plan is the timing though, this is really close to Christmas and you have only booked ten days of accommodation? I guess you might get lucky but I think I would have booked up until the new year. Well I wouldn't have moved at this time, but if I were then that is what I would do.

Alao why are you only looking for somewhere for six months? Moving is not something most people enjoy!

Thanks very much for this info, I think I will look at booking somewhere for the 1st month, we are looking at 6 months 1st until we know where my partner is working, we will have 120,000 aus dollars so hopefully this will help, would things like mortgage statements help to x

Thanks very much for this info, I think I will look at booking somewhere for the 1st month, we are looking at 6 months 1st until we know where my partner is working, we will have 120,000 aus dollars so hopefully this will help, would things like mortgage statements help to x

We moved 23rd Nov and booked somewhere for two months - we moved into a rental the second week in Jan. In Perth everything shuts down for Christmas much more so than in the UK - it is not just Christmas but summer holidays there too - not an easy time to find a rental as few people would be choosing to move at that time of year.

Perhaps get somewhere on Airbnb - I had a couple friends who rented out their family home simply b because they were going to be away on holiday for a couple of months.

• 2 weeks later...