457 Sponsorship Proving Why Overseas Worker should fulfil the role

Hi,

I have an employer who wishes to sponsor me under the 457 scheme. In regards to the nomination, the employer has to prove why an Australian citizen or permanent resident cannot fulfil the role.

Apart from outlining qualifications and experience, can anyone please suggest any other points that can be included in the statement to make the application stronger?

Any help/pointers would be extremely appreciated.

Many Thanks

They the employer need to show they have advertised position locally and had no success. They need to show there's a shortage of qualified people for your particular position. I think there's a list of occupations which are eligible for 457 visa too.

Thanks for the response. They have advertised the job role and have interviewed a number of people. I am on par with other applicants in terms of skills and qualifications but the employer said I fit more culturally into the business and could have more potential.

For the role, I don't think there is a huge shortage in Australia but there could be in the local area.

Hi,

I have an employer who wishes to sponsor me under the 457 scheme. In regards to the nomination, the employer has to prove why an Australian citizen or permanent resident cannot fulfil the role.

Apart from outlining qualifications and experience, can anyone please suggest any other points that can be included in the statement to make the application stronger?

Any help/pointers would be extremely appreciated.

Many Thanks

There is no such criteria, you have been misinformed or have misinterpreted the requirements.

Some occupations require Labour Market Testing.