kevsan

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm sure I've seen it mentioned somewhere that the customs people require a complete inventory of the contents, that boxes have to be numbered and a list provided of what is in each numbered box. Is this right?

I want to make a start in advance, so I wondered how detailed it's got to be.

Not massively detailed. We did boxes and the list ran a bit like

*clothes

*bedding

*toys

*kitchenware

*shoes and boots

*books

*DVD's

*Christmas decorations

And made sure to pack the shoes and xmas decs last so if they wanted to check them they could do so with ease.

Not massively detailed. We did boxes and the list ran a bit like

*clothes

*bedding

*toys

*kitchenware

*shoes and boots

*books

*DVD's

*Christmas decorations

And made sure to pack the shoes and xmas decs last so if they wanted to check them they could do so with ease.

Thank you.

Thank you.

They went though my Xmas decs and took Santas wand he was most miffed Took acorns which I had not even realised were real plus they sometimes check shoes and ask if you have been in the countryside ( worry over foot and mouth etc ) We are sending furniture back to Oz when we move soon and I have put on the declaration it was originally purchased in Oz Feather duvets I have cleaned and sanitised etc

I want to make a start in advance, so I wondered how detailed it's got to be.

Not OCD detailed, so we had a list by box like:

box 44 - tools, inc drill, saws, spanners

box 1 - shoes/boots

box 17 - crockery

box 20 - Christmas decorations

and then had a matching sticker / label on the box itself.

We approached it more from our sanity than anything else so we knew what boxes when in each room when we unloaded, pretty much like any other housemove, other than you have a corresponding list. You should be fine. As long as there is not stuff that you havent listed in some form you'll be fine.

We are planning on shipping a sofa bed and a king size mattress, would these fit in a large movecube? Such a great thread thank you.

Easily - assuming that the sofa bed doesnt exceed one of the internal dimensions of the cube. I fitted in, ikea sofa (in bits), american fridge freezer, bikes, about 40 boxes, plus a load of other crap we probably didnt need and still had space left over.

As mentioned above, mark out the dimensions and stack everything up if you have the space. On the day, you just start at one end and replicate the stack in the cube. Also, as others have said, keep the 'more likely for inspection' bits at the front so they dont have to pull everything out if they want to take a look.

christmas decs, outside items(furniture, shoes, garden tools, bikes etc etc - i cleaned the lot in neat jeyes fluid which stank, but when the open the box the smell will hit them and its more likely that they'll assume you taken some care making sure stuff is clean

Our movecube arrives in 3 weeks but I was expecting as much detail as Snifter gave. Whilst I love a spreadsheet I didn't think I would need to give details for each item we are packing?!? Am I wrong?

I started with a spreadsheet, but it quickly became a bind to keep it up to date. It was easier to have a sheet of paper and pen next to the ever growing pile and just transcribe that into the sevenseas paperwork.

Everything should be listed, but we didnt do quantities, so crockery / kitchen utensils / pillows rather than 6x dinner plates, 2 fine china tea cups, 4 forks etc etc

Our movecube arrives in 3 weeks but I was expecting as much detail as Snifter gave. Whilst I love a spreadsheet I didn't think I would need to give details for each item we are packing?!? Am I wrong?

As well as a spreadsheet I'd recommend taking a photo of the contents of any boxes before sealing. I did this last time we moved, and put the photos into Evernote. It's a quick way of looking for things without having to open things up at the other end.

• 4 months later...

Just sharing my experience with Sevenseas and the Movecube so far. It has arrived in the UK and although they quoted me for door-to-door, and it states this on my invoice that I paid before leaving Oz, they have just charged me an extra 40% to transfer it from the hub/port to my address. Not exactly door-to-door - very misleading. I was going to fight it but it's in the small print on their website only (they did not confirm this extra charge on the phone or in any email I have from them). I wanted to flag this so others aren't caught out like we were. Door-to-door is door to port and they will charge you an additional amount of approx $550 once it arrives in the UK.

Also, the move cube remains in the delivery truck when you are packing it and there is no lift or step - I struggled to help my husband as I couldn't lift the heavier items that high so he had to carry heavy or fairly large items while climbing into a high-level truck. It was a struggle to fill the crate for this reason since we struggled to reach and Sevenseas provided no equipment to help. Make sure you have some helping hands (but having little advance notice of the delivery time makes this difficult during working hours) and have a step ladder ready.

I've been really disappointed in the service so far. I still have another two weeks to wait before they deliver it - I received an email yesterday stating it was ready for delivery but this was the earliest date I could get.

Sorry to sound so negative but I want to share my experience so people can make an informed decision. If I knew what I know now I would have used an alternative service.

Just sharing my experience with Sevenseas and the Movecube so far. It has arrived in the UK and although they quoted me for door-to-door, and it states this on my invoice that I paid before leaving Oz, they have just charged me an extra 40% to transfer it from the hub/port to my address. Not exactly door-to-door - very misleading. I was going to fight it but it's in the small print on their website only (they did not confirm this extra charge on the phone or in any email I have from them). I wanted to flag this so others aren't caught out like we were. Door-to-door is door to port and they will charge you an additional amount of approx $550 once it arrives in the UK.

Also, the move cube remains in the delivery truck when you are packing it and there is no lift or step - I struggled to help my husband as I couldn't lift the heavier items that high so he had to carry heavy or fairly large items while climbing into a high-level truck. It was a struggle to fill the crate for this reason since we struggled to reach and Sevenseas provided no equipment to help. Make sure you have some helping hands (but having little advance notice of the delivery time makes this difficult during working hours) and have a step ladder ready.

I've been really disappointed in the service so far. I still have another two weeks to wait before they deliver it - I received an email yesterday stating it was ready for delivery but this was the earliest date I could get.

Sorry to sound so negative but I want to share my experience so people can make an informed decision. If I knew what I know now I would have used an alternative service.

We had a similar experience. We shipped from UK to WA, so far so good but when our container was due, they slapped on a further door to door fee, they charged for changes to details, and put our movecube in a high truck, which made it extremely difficult to unload. It was not possible for us to unload carefully as the driver had to have us unload asap so be could leave, and he was not considerate of our belongings at all. Communication was difficult throughout and we had to complain to get our cube delivered! I'm not sure we would use them again! Be wary of extra fees, and difficulties unloading the other end owing to their poor organisation of delivery times. The quotes they give are complete rubbish.

Can you collect yourself from port if you hired a truck / van big enough?

Cheers for a great pot mate. this has been really really helpful, cheers.

I tried to use their site to see what size crate we could use, but it wan't working for me. Do you think a king size mattress and bed frame would fit? Just normal king size, not exteneded king. pLus a baby's cot and a whole hep of other cr£p we will fill it with! Mainly worried about the king bed and frame. Any help appreciated mate.

Also, I read the rest of the posters messages and some people say they had to pay extra to get it to their actual door. Did you have to pay extra?

Cheers for a great pot mate. this has been really really helpful, cheers.

I tried to use their site to see what size crate we could use, but it wan't working for me. Do you think a king size mattress and bed frame would fit? Just normal king size, not exteneded king. pLus a baby's cot and a whole hep of other cr£p we will fill it with! Mainly worried about the king bed and frame. Any help appreciated mate.

Also, I read the rest of the posters messages and some people say they had to pay extra to get it to their actual door. Did you have to pay extra?

We easily fitted a king sized diven bed in the Large movecube plus lots of extras.

Regarding the extra costs for Door-to-door. Are these custom fees? Or additional extras? Our cube has landed in the uk and we have paid the £360 for custom fees (as expected from quote and telephone conversations). I will be mad if there try to charge us more now!

We easily fitted a king sized diven bed in the Large movecube plus lots of extras.

Regarding the extra costs for Door-to-door. Are these custom fees? Or additional extras? Our cube has landed in the uk and we have paid the £360 for custom fees (as expected from quote and telephone conversations). I will be mad if there try to charge us more now!

Thanks Stacy053

As i've stated above, ours was door to door from uk to aus. No problems or extra charges at all.

In regards to the size, best advice is mark out the size of the container and pile your stuff in, you be amazed how much you can fit with clever packing. And yes, king size bed will fit easily.

Hey, I can't comment on the large cube as we went for the medium, but the medium wouldn't fit a kind size frame. We managed to fit in a cot, bedside cabinet, 2 TVs, musc equipment, numerous boxes and medium-sized plastic toys.

They class the additional charge as destination charges, but it wasn't included in the quote or any correspondence, and my previous paid invoice states that I had already paid for a door-to-door service.

I did consider hiring a van and collecting it myself since it's taking them another two weeks to get it to be but I'll just wait to save any more hassle.

Make sure you get the full price without the hidden fees upfront and compare them like-for-like with others.

I could be wrong, but I'm guessing that perhaps the people who got charged extra hadn't given an address?

If you book the Movecube from your home in the UK and ask them to deliver it to "Melbourne" or "Sydney" then that's just the port. If you give them an actual address to deliver to, then they will quote to deliver to that address.

Of course most people don't know their address before they leave, so that's where the mistake happens. When we shipped our boxes with SevenSeas (both from Oz to the UK and back again), we gave the address of our holiday accommodation so we'd get an accurate quote. We knew there was no chance the stuff would arrive while we were living there, but that didn't matter. When we found our permanent accommodation we rang them up and changed the address. We had to pay a small adjustment fee because there was a slight difference in the distance from the port, but that was all.

Archived