Nice suburbs in the Gold Coast to live in with 2 young children

hi, we are moving to the Gold Coast in November from the UK. Myself,35, my hubby,36 and 2 children 6& 4. My husband is a carpenter so will need to find work once there. We have been looking on the Internet and would like to live in one of the suburbs of the Gold Coast. Any recommendations on nice areas to live with children with lots going on.? Also any recommendations with schools? Thanks

Your husband will need to get his 'white card' before he can work on construction sites. there are regular one day courses around just google whites card queensland, be aware that online cards are not accepted in some states and by some companies/sites in any state, so the safe bet is to do the 1 day course.

Good luck with your move, sorry that I cannot help with suburbs or schools.

So many choices of area's on the Gold Coast

Depends a lot on where you'll be working

If commuting to Brissie near to a station is always good even if you drive as its always available

We're in Helensvale and plenty to do all around us

The schools are great in Helensvale

Plenty of area's around us but too many to mention

I think you would be best to find work then look for a suburb. For example, it would be a nightmare to have committed to a rental in say Currumbin and then get work in Brisbane. There are lotssssss of good family suburbs on and around the coast so you wont have a problem finding somewhere you like.

Cal x

I think you would be best to find work then look for a suburb. For example, it would be a nightmare to have committed to a rental in say Currumbin and then get work in Brisbane. There are lotssssss of good family suburbs on and around the coast so you wont have a problem finding somewhere you like.

Cal x

Totally agree ... Work was a huge factor in determining which part of the Gold Coast we settled.. My hubby works in Brisbane so we are up the North end and love it .We fugured it was best for us to reduce his daily commute to work .. the Gold Coast is a beautiful place with lots on offer for all ages it's all about personal circumstances and preferences of where best for you and your family of where to settle . myself and a lot of other family's I know have stayed in holiday villages on arrival , this gives you time to seek work and also check out suburbs first hand

Hi Dnursey, Have a look at this website. It might help you find a good school. I use this for my clients with children coming to Melbourne. Most times they end up living living in the area where the schools are so they are within the catchment. So it has been useful for us making a decision on where to live.

http://bettereducation.com.au/Results/Hsc.aspx?yr=2014

Follow the tabs under Find School Rating.

Hi Dnursey, The Gold Coast is a great place to live! Im based on the Gold Coast, in Helensvale. Im a similar age to you and have a 3 year old son so I can give you some guidance on great spots for the kids, parks, kindys and schools if you need it. I also work in the real estate industry so can give you some guidance on the right spots to rent - and which ones to avoid.

Hi Dnursey, The Gold Coast is a great place to live! Im based on the Gold Coast, in Helensvale. Im a similar age to you and have a 3 year old son so I can give you some guidance on great spots for the kids, parks, kindys and schools if you need it. I also work in the real estate industry so can give you some guidance on the right spots to rent - and which ones to avoid.

Hi Eureka, we land in the gold coast on the 1st of august with a 5yo and a baby due at the beginning of September. We ideally need to be in a home by the end of august, does this sound doable?

Hi NickandPaula - yes definately doable. Peak rental periods on the Gold Coast are January and June/July so good you're outside that. Do you have an idea of suburbs you like and what are you expecting to pay in rent?

Nicole

Hi NickandPaula - yes definately doable. Peak rental periods on the Gold Coast are January and June/July so good you're outside that. Do you have an idea of suburbs you like and what are you expecting to pay in rent?

Nicole

Hi, it's very tricky working out where everything is without having actually being there but robina and burleigh look very nice. Min 4 bed, must have a pool, $700 pw max, can pay 6/12 months up front

Hi, it's very tricky working out where everything is without having actually being there but robina and burleigh look very nice. Min 4 bed, must have a pool, $700 pw max, can pay 6/12 months up front

They are good central suburbs - so an easy commute in either direction for work. Do you have any leads on jobs yet as that might help determine where you end up living. Burleigh is very nice. Good proximity to the beach. Mermaid Waters is also a very nice, neighbouring suburb and likely better value for $$ than Burleigh. Robina is good too but does have some rougher parts that I would definately avoid

Thanks eureka, we have been recommended helensvale by a few people, does look nice. Other suburbs we have been looking at are arundel,ashmore,Pacific pines,any information on those? What are the primary schools round there ? Which suburbs are best to avoid????

There will only be working for a year. Not looked for a job yet but will take anything for the time being

Nickandpaula - I think the areas youve picked around Robina and Burleigh are nice and central and good job prospect around there too. If you've got $700pw to spend you should get something really nice, and likely with a pool if you wanted one too and about 10 mins to the beach. The coast is really only 30 mins from one end to the other on the highway so by sticking central you'll be fine if you have to commute for work.

• 2 weeks later...
We have a 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom house with a pool coming up for rent in Helensvale at the beginning of August if you're interested. $560pw.

Hey Eureka I've just noticed your in the real estate industry and wondered if you could help we are returning back to the Gold Coast after a 2 year absence in sept/October and are looking to move to hope island are you aware of any furnished apartments available in that area for a 3 month lease whilst we wait for our container to arrive , also is this still a good place to live low crime etc your advice would be appreciated we lived in ormeau before and crime up there was on the increase