Australian Dollar

Progressive

Yeah wasn't really expecting anybody to say it would lol. Even if it stays at 2.17 or something like that. It still helps me

The dollar had finally reached a tipping point and was likely to keep heading down.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/business/markets/currencies/australian-dollar-drops-as-fear-takes-over-global-markets-20150824-gj6iee.html#ixzz3jj7SYnHl

Haven't heard of that one, usually use HiFX. Are they easy to use?

Not in any rush to bring money over, but wish I had a crystal ball on how the rate will go! [emoji6]

Easy to use if you are used to using things with Markets like betfair. It is peer to peer.

Guest John from Moneycorp
Back to 2.15. Happy with my transfer at 2.17 now!

Crazy week for the exchange rate!

Illustrates how panic in the financial markets over a short period can have such a big impact.

Guest John from Moneycorp

The weekly currency review is below, have a good weekend all - thanks.

The commodity currencies are ending the week in recovery mode having been driven lower in the immediate aftermath of the Chinese equity collapse on Monday.

The Australian dollar will continue to trade with great emphasis on how China’s economic outlook projects. The fall was halted just shy of the psychological level of A$0.7000 represnting yet another new 6 year low.

In light of the weakening trade prospects between Australian and China, the pressure for the Reserve Bank of Australia to deliver further interest rate cuts form the current 2.0% rate will mount.

Guest xmas lights

Big retrace against the pound. With current state of play it should be homing in on 2.25.

2.40 is the peak for me next year. Would need a total collapse in Chinaland to get to that region imo.