Value for money?

Que Sera Sera

I first car was a Opal Kadett, I knocked every panel on that car, but I sold it and saw it being driven about 5 years later still going strong with every dent still in place.

Mine too! Obviously very sturdily built! :laugh:

Have you bought something cheap and it turned out to be the best value ever?

My washing machine has just died. It would have been 5 years old next month, it cost me $350.00 from Appliances Direct. I think I'm going to buy the exact same one again.

We bought a washing machine from The Good Guys, it was on special for $300 and, for pensioners, the Govt. had a $200 discount...ended up paying $100.

Cheers, Bobj.

im a true believer of you get what you pay for.... ' pay cheap pay twice '

I love people like you as they keep me in business. I manage an Op-Shop for a private Local charity and everything we sell is quality at low prices. Our profits go back into local community and over the last 5 years we have given moey to many worthwhile causes. Examples are, $60k to local special school for outdoor play equipment, portaloo for local riding for disabled, 6 months salary for nurse for local hospice, purchase of mini bus and had it converted for wheelchair access for volunteer hospital transport, portable cold room for local soup kitchen and many other projects. So please continue to buy expensive and donate what you dont need as it helps others and we believe in "buy expensive donate when no longer needed" and help twice.

Rita

Anothery...bought an induction hob 'cos a beaut couple had one out in the desert...Its price was $165 and, on asking, the sales girl (bless her heart) confided that it was the last of that line and I got it for $65

Really pleased with its performance 'cos I can put it almost anywhere and use it.

A BIG thanks to @Cerberus for that.thumbs.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

Our last fridge lasted 25 years! It was just starting to leak water so got rid of it before moving to Tasmania. Funnily enough the washing machine was playing up too. We had it for 12 years so got a new one when we arrived here too. Hope they last as long but I doubt it.

My first Aussie car. Mazda bubble (121) Ancient but cute as...cost me $1500. Lasted years....5 I think.....never spent a cent on it apart from minor things and tyres. Then something went badly wrong and we scrapped it. Loved that car. Served us well.

Exactly the same as us,

We brought the little thing as a second car when we first arrived in 2009.

It had 330,000 km on the clock.

Granted it only goes to work and back,

But its upto 370,000 and still going strong.

All we've done is a service every 10,000km and a second hand alternator.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Guest The Pom Queen
Anothery...bought an induction hob 'cos a beaut couple had one out in the desert...Its price was $165 and, on asking, the sales girl (bless her heart) confided that it was the last of that line and I got it for $65

Really pleased with its performance 'cos I can put it almost anywhere and use it.

A BIG thanks to @Cerberus for that.thumbs.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

Perfect to cook the Barra on. Talking of Barra the little one caught some today and we said all we needed was your fish bites but we didn't bring them home.

Archived