SOL for 15-16: When is it going to be released?

Indianinoz

I would assume that due to the current strike by DIBP (due to end on 26th June), the merger between CBP and DIBP, and the new website due to launch on 1st July that we won't see the new SOL until 1st July.

Could be wrong, but there seems to be very little updating being done on the current website at the moment.

From the Immi Gov website:

Planned System Outage – from 9pm Friday 26 June until 8am Saturday 27 June 2015 AEST (GMT +10). The current time in Canberra is: 13:52 PM, 23 June.

I guess they will be doing essential maintenance and possibly updating the SOL

over this period, too.

From the Immi Gov website:

Planned System Outage – from 9pm Friday 26 June until 8am Saturday 27 June 2015 AEST (GMT +10). The current time in Canberra is: 13:52 PM, 23 June.

I guess they will be doing essential maintenance and possibly updating the SOL

over this period, too.

It seems that it's possible/probable that this outage is when the SOL will be released, however the system outages are a regular occurrence and are advised in advance on a continuous basis. This one is for 24 hours though which I haven't seen before (it's normally only 3-4 hours) so I expect something big will be happening.

I'm picturing everyone (including me) sat by their phones, tablets, computers, eagerly waiting for it to come back online and see that nothing's changed!! [emoji12]

The 2015-16 SOL will be published on the Department of Immigration and Border Protection's website, and come into effect on 1 July 2015.

Mona Saikumar

Migration Agent: MARN:1572358

Welcome to the forum Mona.

I have a question regarding the SOL which you as a MARA agent may be able to answer.

If a person has an application already submitted for 189 and has paid the visa fee etc. but no Case Officer has yet been assigned. And that persons occupation is subsequently removed from the SOL on 1st July, what exactly happens to the application? Does it continue as normal? Or, is it affected in some way?

Your professional input would be graciously received. Thanks.

......Planned System Outage – from 9pm Friday 26 June until 8am Saturday 27 June 2015 AEST.....

.......This one is for 24 hours though which I haven't seen before (it's normally only 3-4 hours).........

Obviously I meant 11 hours.....,oops! ;-)

Welcome to the forum Mona.

I have a question regarding the SOL which you as a MARA agent may be able to answer.

If a person has an application already submitted for 189 and has paid the visa fee etc. but no Case Officer has yet been assigned. And that persons occupation is subsequently removed from the SOL on 1st July, what exactly happens to the application? Does it continue as normal? Or, is it affected in some way?

Your professional input would be graciously received. Thanks.

Hi There,

The applicable legislation is the one that is enforced at the time of lodgement of the application. If the occupation was on the SOL when the application was lodged by the person, then the person has met that requirement regardless of whether or not a case officer is allocated. Thus, in this person's case you have mentioned, the processing will go as normal!

Hope this helps and thanks for the welcome :)

Mona Saikumar

Migration Agent MARN: 1572358

Hi There,

The applicable legislation is the one that is enforced at the time of lodgement of the application. If the occupation was on the SOL when the application was lodged by the person, then the person has met that requirement regardless of whether or not a case officer is allocated. Thus, in this person's case you have mentioned, the processing will go as normal!

Hope this helps and thanks for the welcome :)

Mona Saikumar

Migration Agent MARN: 1572358

Thanks Mona,

I appreciate the reply. So just to confirm if the occupation is removed then the person will not drop down to a lower priority group?