Point Cook

ljruss2013

Hi all anyone any experience of Point Cook. Is it a nice place to live. We are looking online at the Area just now and had a look on here but not much information on what the area is like i.e. Transport Links, Shopping and what the suburb is actually like ??

Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

People I know who live mostly speak highly of it. There is a train station now which has improve transport links but I think peak hour traffic is pretty bad for those driving. They just opened a new shopping center near the train station, it isn't that big yet but is sure to grow in time.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi all anyone any experience of Point Cook. Is it a nice place to live. We are looking online at the Area just now and had a look on here but not much information on what the area is like i.e. Transport Links, Shopping and what the suburb is actually like ??

Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

a nice area, new builds all over, carefully laid out streets and greenspace, all too new for some though, a nice shopping centre,

an area ideal for nice families, the station is a bit away from Point Cook, not too walkable from most of the dwellings...!!!

a fast road into town, compared to the burbs of UK big towns, it is very nice and certainly value for money and time,

we are looking to buy somewhere down that way, may have to go to Werribbee to be near a station though...good luck

I was reading an article the other day on it.

It sounds like a good area to buy into for the future.

If you were to buy on the other side of the bay the houses are millions close to the beach but very affordable in Point Cook.

The infrastructure isn't as well developed but it will improve in years to come.

Point Cook consists of flat land, divided up into huge squares, and some of those squares have been filled with new build housing. The houses look nice, seem reasonably spacious and are affordable relative to similar housing in other parts of Melbourne (e.g. Doreen). But on the negative side, they are long streets of identical houses (which Australians don't like), there are few amenities and you could end up being two or three miles from shops, transport - anything other than housing - by the time you have followed the road network to get out of the estate and onto the main road. This is especially true of Sanctuary Lakes. The station is barely adequate for capacity right now and parking tends to run out already; when the em[ty grid squares are also filled with houses, that capacity will be woefully inadequate. Entertainment (bars, restaurants) seem to be all in a single shopping centre and although I have had a pleasant Malaysian meal there I would probably find that I knew what was on offer. Ironically, it probably has more choice than where I live, but the difference is that where I live, I can quickly go to other places. point Cook is isolated.

Archived