Tony Abbott has done it, he's stopped the polls!

Harpodom

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No need to be living in angst of the big bad world. I think more than you suggest look beyond hip pocket into issues impacting outside the home. Sad old world if not the case.

Fact is flag, many people don't give a $hit about society or social justice.

For them, when it comes to the solitude of the ballot box, it boils down to 'whats in it for me? F$$k everyone else'.

For them, when it comes to the solitude of the ballot box, it boils down to 'whats in it for me? F$$k everyone else'.

Some people can have a different idea than you have about what is the best result for the good of all. Is that possible do you think?

Sadly all too many. I recall a time when at least in my world it was different. What ever happened to the youthful belief at the time, that we could make a difference?

Yep. The Conservatives over here in WA are certainly showing how the handle the economy. Blow the biggest boom in history and pile up the debt. As they say a nation consists of more than an economy. Even so the Con's are rather daring in their cavalier attitude to debt. Take a rather long time for anyone to put it right. Just as the national predictions to a return to surplus has next to buckley's of succeeding.

Sounds rather like the Federal ALP govt before Abbott who inherited a huge kitty and now look at us.

Oh the unintelligence of the great unwashed masses eh Harpo? If only they knew what you know, the world would be so much better!?

Sadly all too many. I recall a time when at least in my world it was different. What ever happened to the youthful belief at the time, that we could make a difference?

The naivety of youth?

"A whole generation with a new explanation?

Don't trust anybody over 30?

We're the new generation and we've got something to say.

Sounds rather like the Federal ALP govt before Abbott who inherited a huge kitty and now look at us.

Very little likeliness in that ALP avoided if rather wastefully the GFC and took Australia out the other side.)Still very cross with Rudd for his antics in the housing market. (for one thing) Unlike the former Lib's under Howard who failed miserably attempting to but the 07 election.

Oh the unintelligence of the great unwashed masses eh Harpo? If only they knew what you know, the world would be so much better!?

Yes a test of political astuteness may well be called. Those displaying larger than expected degrees of apathy told to brush up and apply to vote next time around. Let's rid of the farce in politics.

When you see the pay and benefits of being an MP why would you want to retire?

I watched the recent series I think it was just called parliament?? Never before seen footage of the operations, the building, what goes on inside the chamber, what politicians have to put up with, all the pomp and rules. After watching that I don't know why anyone would want to bother even thinking about being a politician/MP.

Too many hours spent listening to bull**** with nothing happening, no knock off time, no amount of money and benefits is worth giving up so much time with so little achieved.

Unlike statesmen yes. Budget for one. The crisis magically becomes less so in order to climb back on board the populist bandwagon.

So, what would the 'statesmen' you are thinking of do? And which 'statesmen' are you thinking of? Bill Shorten? Kevin Rudd? Julia Gillard? What would you do to introduce the 'austerity' budget that we probably need?

I watched the recent series I think it was just called parliament?? Never before seen footage of the operations, the building, what goes on inside the chamber, what politicians have to put up with, all the pomp and rules. After watching that I don't know why anyone would want to bother even thinking about being a politician/MP.

Too many hours spent listening to bull**** with nothing happening, no knock off time, no amount of money and benefits is worth giving up so much time with so little achieved.

I guess it must have its attractions?