189 visa lodged May 2015

Doe

A couple of new grants today, seems everything is still progressing.

I noticed today that the first of the delay emails are coming through for May applicants. I suspect that we will start to see some movement fairly soon, although it is only 2 weeks until the start of the new programme year.

I guess you are right, I saw a delay email received by an applicant who lodged on 1st May. What I don't understand is the pattern of grants, it seems they are focusing on mainly three occupations, i.e. Accountant, Software Engineer and Business Analyst, with few exceptions.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess you are right, I saw a delay email received by an applicant who lodged on 1st May. What I don't understand is the pattern of grants, it seems they are focusing on mainly three occupations, i.e. Accountant, Software Engineer and Business Analyst, with few exceptions.

I also saw that pattern when I was looking through. I have a theory that those professions may be either earmarked for removal from the SOL for 2015-16, (I know that Accountants still remain flagged for removal, but they have survived the cut for several years now) or that they are super desperate for those people, or there's extenuating circumstances, or it's just a pure coincidence!

It's hard to know what's really going on. We can all make up theories and try to second guess the case officers thought process or targets etc. but I suppose that nobody (except DIBP) really knows for certain.

Brisbane. And i've been checking my Immiaccount 15 times per day :P

I've clicked the "request complete" button. Cheers for the tip though; might just fire (another) email off to them to let them know, then ring if I don't hear anything over the next couple of weeks.

Hi itegoa - just wondering where the 'request complete' button is that you're referring to. We haven't been waiting that long so I haven't really been checking but we already have all of our documents uploaded so if there's a button to click we should probably click it!!

Thanks in advance

Hi itegoa - just wondering where the 'request complete' button is that you're referring to. We haven't been waiting that long so I haven't really been checking but we already have all of our documents uploaded so if there's a button to click we should probably click it!!

Thanks in advance

Login to your ImmiAccount, view your application, and the button is near the top.

Only push it if you're sure that your application is ready for them to make a decision. Don't press, for example, if you're still waiting for meds or police checks!!!

Login to your ImmiAccount, view your application, and the button is near the top.

Only push it if you're sure that your application is ready for them to make a decision. Don't press, for example, if you're still waiting for meds or police checks!!!

It's only there if you've been requested by a CO for additional info.

It's not there otherwise. The CO's will just look at the application and if it isn't complete then they will ask for the additional documents and the application page will then be added with the Request Complete button to let the CO know that you've done what they asked.

Edited by CaptainC

Any news from anybody here yet?

Nothing yet...Hoping to get a case officer by next month as we're heading home for a month in August for weddings, babies etc. Really hope that it's all sorted by then so we know we can come back out permanently :).

Any news on your end? We submitted our application around the same time as you so fingers crossed we'll both be getting results soon...

Have you completed Form 80? It's the only thing that we're yet to upload. So far I'm up to 12 addresses and 29 countries visited for holidays in the past 10 years.... :confused:. I'm wondering whether to wait to see if they ask for it. I can't work out from other posts whether it's asked for more often than not...it seems to be a mixed bag

Nothing yet...Hoping to get a case officer by next month as we're heading home for a month in August for weddings, babies etc. Really hope that it's all sorted by then so we know we can come back out permanently :).

Any news on your end? We submitted our application around the same time as you so fingers crossed we'll both be getting results soon...

Have you completed Form 80? It's the only thing that we're yet to upload. So far I'm up to 12 addresses and 29 countries visited for holidays in the past 10 years.... :confused:. I'm wondering whether to wait to see if they ask for it. I can't work out from other posts whether it's asked for more often than not...it seems to be a mixed bag

I personally did upload form 80, because I have been in the military and also now working at sea I have an extensive travel history.

I think that if you have out of the ordinary circumstances such as lots of, or unusual travel, a police caution/conviction, lived overseas, military service etc. then it's likely that form 80 will be asked for. That being said, there's no real pattern or reason for them to request form 80, and they can ask for it anytime.

I think you're doing the right thing to start completing it now, it takes a long time to accurately complete as I'm sure you've discovered already.

Oh.....and no real news this end. Completed the Medicals last Saturday, they are being uploaded this week sometime. They said up to 5 days.

Ahh I see, thanks guys! No CO yet so I'll continue the wait :)

Oh.....and no real news this end. Completed the Medicals last Saturday, they are being uploaded this week sometime. They said up to 5 days.

Ours took about 2 days to be uploaded, they're fairly efficient :).

We have had a lot of holidays, and I lived in Sydney for a year on my first working holiday visa. Nothing particularly unusual, though. I think we'll submit them anyway like you say as it's worth it for things not to be held up. It's just such a lonnnnng form!

Ours took about 2 days to be uploaded, they're fairly efficient :).

We have had a lot of holidays, and I lived in Sydney for a year on my first working holiday visa. Nothing particularly unusual, though. I think we'll submit them anyway like you say as it's worth it for things not to be held up. It's just such a lonnnnng form!

Tell me about it!! I made a spreadsheet on excel which was identical to the format for the travel section. It took me several months before I was totally sure that I'd done all I could.

It helped that I bought some old cruise brochures from eBay for the cruise line I worked on, it gave me some of the itineraries on there but not all sadly so it took months of trawling through old photos looking at time stamps, ringing former colleagues up to ask them for their help, going through all the stamps in old and new passports, trawling Facebook and anything I could find to help me find out where I'd been. It was horrific!

Ours took about 2 days to be uploaded, they're fairly efficient :)

Just called the Spire Medical centre and asked about the upload, they said it's just being finalised. They aim for next day unofficially but their official line is 5 days. We went in on a weekend so the blood tests didn't get processed until yesterday. She told me that the blood samples and x-rays were fine over the phone, so I suppose that's one less thing to worry about!

Ours took about 2 days to be uploaded, they're fairly efficient :)

Just called the Spire Medical centre and asked about the upload, they said it's just being finalised. Also, I logged into the emedical client page and all of our forms are complete except for the medical examination which says incomplete. Hopefully my call will just encourage them to do a bit more mouse clicking!

They aim for next day unofficially but their official line is 5 days. We went in on a weekend so the blood tests didn't get processed until yesterday. She told me that the blood samples and x-rays were fine over the phone, so I suppose that's one less thing to worry about!

I also saw that pattern when I was looking through. I have a theory that those professions may be either earmarked for removal from the SOL for 2015-16, (I know that Accountants still remain flagged for removal, but they have survived the cut for several years now) or that they are super desperate for those people, or there's extenuating circumstances, or it's just a pure coincidence!

It's hard to know what's really going on. We can all make up theories and try to second guess the case officers thought process or targets etc. but I suppose that nobody (except DIBP) really knows for certain.

Hi Cap - Whilst I can't be sure, I think the delay emails and the new grants are basically the DIBP just doing (or being seen to be doing) their job. I.e. the delay notices are issue to those occupations that have reached the annual ceiling. I suspect delay emails are not going to others as the DIBP will be suggesting that its business as usual for other occupations (even if they are dragging their heels and going slower).

As an Accountant, I have a vested interest in what I am saying, but that makes some sense. I note, last year (14/15) the cap on Accountants was halved (from 6% of total visa pool to 3%) but at that it was recommended that they no longer be flagged for removal. Its all a guessing game until the new year... fingers crossed as they say ;-)

Edited by Pommie
typo

Cap - one more - I've seen you mention recent grants.... where do you go to get information about the VISA grants / EOI grants ??

cheers

JC

Mainly from trawling the threads on the forum, but there's also an online spreadsheet that people add their details to and update it as things happen.

The link is here > https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AkrdCphtU8u-dGJQSWROUlZ0bThIaUF2VW9zdUZmMlE&type=view&gid=277&f=true&sortcolid=-1&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=1250

Hi Cap - Whilst I can't be sure, I think the delay emails and the new grants are basically the DIBP just doing (or being seen to be doing) their job. I.e. the delay notices are issue to those occupations that have reached the annual ceiling. I suspect delay emails are not going to others as the DIBP will be suggesting that its business as usual for other occupations (even if they are dragging their heels and going slower).

As an Accountant, I have a vested interest in what I am saying, but that makes some sense. I note, last year (14/15) the cap on Accountants was halved (from 6% of total visa pool to 3%) but at that it was recommended that they no longer be flagged for removal. Its all a guessing game until the new year... fingers crossed as they say ;-)

If it's any consolation, the general feeling of people on this site surrounding the content of the new SOL is the same as last year. It was all a fuss about nothing really, so hopefully it will be the same this time and we will all sigh with relief on 1st July.

I am a nurse so my levels have not met the full allocation, however I rang immi and they confirmed that the allocation has been met.

My theory for the additional grants is they caught up for a week working out how many visas they had allocated so far and then when they had a total number they were able to allocate the remaining numbers.

I am a nurse so my levels have not met the full allocation, however I rang immi and they confirmed that the allocation has been met.

My theory for the additional grants is they caught up for a week working out how many visas they had allocated so far and then when they had a total number they were able to allocate the remaining numbers.

And also I saw that it takes up to two weeks to receive the actual grant letter after the decision has been made.