The old two passports chestnut

Wulworra

Hiya, looking for opinions. My daughter (16) and I hold uk and aus passports and currently live in uk. Whenever we've travelled back I've carried four passports and shown appropriate ones for each country. My daughter's next trip however is on her own and I'm unsure what to do. Choices seem to be to give her both but I don't want her worrying which to present when or risk losing both, or travel on aus but run risk of worrying questions at immigration when returning to uk. I'm trying to make the whole process as easy as possible for her but keep returning to having to load her with both. Tbh, I'm nervous enough about her travelling alone as it is :sad:

It's expensive keeping both. I only keep my Aussie one, travelled back to the UK last year on it and it was quicker getting through the airport in the UK. Less queue than at the UK passport desk.

Well she already has both passports. Also your situation is different as you are just holidaying in UK, she would be re-entering UK to live permanently and it would make life easier to do that on a UK passport, seeing as she has it.

At 16 I'm sure she will manage. It's very easy - as long as she presents Aus one for getting into Aus and UK one for getting back to UK it doesn't really matter. Take copies and numbers for security - she'd be very unlucky to lose them but even the most organized of beings has occasionally mislaid a passport.

Archived