.......how far would you go....?

Guest241083

.... http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-05-08/open-drum-why-i-chose-to-have-my-skin-branded/6454040

.........warning this link contains descriptions some may find disturbing....!

.........A vegan world is the best step we can take, not only to end animal cruelty but also improve fresh water shortage, tackle species extinction, land degradation, global warming, ocean acidification, world hunger and many human diseases.If we can live happy and healthy lives without harming others, why wouldn't we?

.... http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-05-08/open-drum-why-i-chose-to-have-my-skin-branded/6454040

.........warning this link contains descriptions some may find disturbing....!

.........A vegan world is the best step we can take, not only to end animal cruelty but also improve fresh water shortage, tackle species extinction, land degradation, global warming, ocean acidification, world hunger and many human diseases.If we can live happy and healthy lives without harming others, why wouldn't we?

this is the last sentence of her article about her public protest on her opinion of vegancy (is that a word?)

There are no arguements/facts/reasons/links to back up any of these improvements.......

not sure if the demand came before the marketing, but most people now equate 'normal life' with eating other creatures.

the world may need more veggies, but generations of brainwashing mean they will not come without a fight!

I guess a step in the right direction for those with a pang of conscience are things like 'meat free monday'

I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species and I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.

this is the last sentence of her article about her public protest on her opinion of vegancy (is that a word?)

There are no arguements/facts/reasons/links to back up any of these improvements.......

18% of greenhouse gas emissions are associated with the livestock industry, to put that in perspective it's more than from all transport!

http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/climate-change/cow-emissions-more-damaging-to-planet-than-co2-from-cars-427843.html

I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species and I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.

............shameful........but so true.....!

............and to live like this has just become easier....!

............little thought given to the impact we make on our surroundings......

............lives so busy .......it's sad IMO.........that we seem to of lost sight.....

........... of the effects on the world around us........by living as we do......

.............thank you Flybyknight.......

.............a reminder to reassess some of my choices.........

............shameful........but so true.....!

............and to live like this has just become easier....!

............little thought given to the impact we make on our surroundings......

............lives so busy .......it's sad IMO.........that we seem to of lost sight.....

........... of the effects on the world around us........by living as we do......

.............thank you Flybyknight.......

.............a reminder to reassess some of my choices.........

I agree Tink, gives me sleepless nights. There are lots of people who are trying to redress the balance but I fear it's too late really....

I agree Tink, gives me sleepless nights. There are lots of people who are trying to redress the balance but I fear it's too late really....

........but a pebble at a time we can move mountains.....!......IMO....

........if we all just change a few habits that impact negatively on our planet.......

........hopefully we can put the brakes on its distruction,.......( not easy I know.....time and ease....makes destroyers of us)

.........just this morning I needed to clean my windows.......

.........water,vinegar......and newspaper....?

..........or that squirty bottle of chemicals......done in half the time with minimum effort....

..........just a pebble in the grand scheme of things.......

..........but can fill a bucket in a year....!

........but a pebble at a time we can move mountains.....!......IMO....

........if we all just change a few habits that impact negatively on our planet.......

........hopefully we can put the brakes on its distruction,.......( not easy I know.....time and ease....makes destroyers of us)

.........just this morning I needed to clean my windows.......

.........water,vinegar......and newspaper....?

..........or that squirty bottle of chemicals......done in half the time with minimum effort....

..........just a pebble in the grand scheme of things.......

..........but can fill a bucket in a year....!

What other small steps are you considering?

What other small steps are you considering?

........so many.......!

.......and the ones I do........need to be more constant.....

........little things like not buying products in lots of packaging.......a real challenge

........choosing local produce........

........I reuse my washing up water.........if only to wash the patio down...

........plant more trees.....though even with 5 acres am running out of room lol..!

........cleaning products.......most can be made using non harmful ingredients......

.........for the home and ourselves......

..........a compost bin.....and chickens .....reduces my organic waste.....

..........reuse.....upcycled.....all help......

...........but I admit I'm not consistent........I wish I was.....

..........but cutting up old clothes for cleaning....

...........line drying when you need something quickly....

...........walking instead of using the car.......are all challenges I sometimes fail to do...!

...........but I'm a power saver lol.....havving better sight( though probable sense) at night...

..........I often turn the light off........much to the annoyance of the son lol...!

........so many.......!

.......and the ones I do........need to be more constant.....

........little things like not buying products in lots of packaging.......a real challenge

........choosing local produce........

........I reuse my washing up water.........if only to wash the patio down...

........plant more trees.....though even with 5 acres am running out of room lol..!

........cleaning products.......most can be made using non harmful ingredients......

.........for the home and ourselves......

..........a compost bin.....and chickens .....reduces my organic waste.....

..........reuse.....upcycled.....all help......

...........but I admit I'm not consistent........I wish I was.....

..........but cutting up old clothes for cleaning....

...........line drying when you need something quickly....

...........walking instead of using the car.......are all challenges I sometimes fail to do...!

...........but I'm a power saver lol.....havving better sight( though probable sense) at night...

..........I often turn the light off........much to the annoyance of the son lol...!

Good steps...it's a constant challenge isn't it...I'm glad someone else feels like me...the guilt of not recycling and old item of clothing!! So much waste..it surely is criminal....I hate the idea of landfill. I try to put veggies straight in the trolley/basket without plastic bags...I used to just get a nice box delivered (reusable) nil packaging at all..must go back to that...you're right it's being consistent.

I am trying to buy as ethically as I can...animal produce and the way we use it is a worry for me. How it's produced...is it sustainable/ethical...a constant battle.

Good steps...it's a constant challenge isn't it...I'm glad someone else feels like me...the guilt of not recycling and old item of clothing!! So much waste..it surely is criminal....I hate the idea of landfill. I try to put veggies straight in the trolley/basket without plastic bags...I used to just get a nice box delivered (reusable) nil packaging at all..must go back to that...you're right it's being consistent.

I am trying to buy as ethically as I can...animal produce and the way we use it is a worry for me. How it's produced...is it sustainable/ethical...a constant battle.

..........I find the best prod to my conscience.......

..........is to go and look at the local tip....!

..........to watch the huge trucks dump so much non degradable waste......

..........mountains of what has become rubbish.....

..........and imagining how many of these exist......huge sores on the surface of our world.....

[h=3]EAT YOUR VEGETABLES[/h]All you have to do is stop eating beef. Worldwide, beef production contributes more to climate change than the *entire transportation sector. The carbon footprint of the average meat eater is about 1.5 tons of CO2 larger than that of a vegetarian. Cutting beef out of your diet will reduce your CO2 emissions by 2,400 pounds annually.

This is very interesting

Guest Guest66881

We eat all meats and love it, we segregate our waste for collection doing our bit for society and the climate.

[h=3]BELIEVE WITH ALL YOUR HEART THAT HOW YOU LIVE YOUR LIFE MAKES A DIFFERENCE[/h]We are all interconnected. Every step toward living a conscious life provides support to everyone else who is trying to do the same thing—whether you’re aware of it or not. We are the masters of our destinies.

This bit is quite encouraging when you are trying to promote change in any area too