189 visa lodged April 2015

Star447

Just out of interest @mickeyteg and @Kangaroohunting have either of you been to, had jobs in or are associated in any way with a high risk country? Or can think of any particular reason why you might be subject to these checks?

Mine is also taking a while, and along with previous military service in several dodgy countries (although over ten years ago) and extensive travel history, I think I might be in the same situation.

Not a high risk country, I guess. I have seen fellow Indians getting grants quite fast. I do have multiple travels in past couple of years but mostly to US, Europe, UK and Singapore with an exception to Dubai (not sure if its high risk) while transit. I believe this could be the reason for additional checks.

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not a high risk country, I guess. I have seen fellow Indians getting grants quite fast. I do have multiple travels in past couple of years but mostly to US, Europe, UK and Singapore with an exception to Dubai (not sure if its high risk) while transit. I believe this could be the reason for additional checks.

I don't think there's any hard and fast rule, maybe they just put names in a hat and pull them out!

My theory is that if you answer yes to any character related questions on form 80, or have more than one or two foreign travel movements per year, or spend three months in Syria then it's almost guaranteed that you'll have the extra checks. Also if you don't provide enough evidence of your employment, or have had ten different jobs then that's also possibly a factor.

Anyway, the fact is that we are being delayed and there's little we can do about it anyway I guess!

Hi All,

I have lodged my application on 15th June and have undergone the medical examination on 27th June. Although my medical panel says that they have uploaded my health results, it still doesn't show up on my immiaccount. Health evidence still says recommended.

Does immigration website takes longer than usual to update our status.

Hi All,

I have lodged my application on 15th June and have undergone the medical examination on 27th June. Although my medical panel says that they have uploaded my health results, it still doesn't show up on my immiaccount. Health evidence still says recommended.

Does immigration website takes longer than usual to update our status.

If you click on the 'get health details' button below the applicants name then it will say something like health details received and no further action etc.

The document list will still say recommended, it's normal and nothing to worry about.

What times do people ring up? I assume they'll not work explicitly their advertised hours (who does?) but trying to deduce whether they'd be more likely to start early or finish late.

Ring them in three and a half hour. It should be 9:30 am in Adelaide by then. You should get through straight away.

Lodged our 189 visa app 1st April and still waiting :( Called the european team yesterday and they just have us down as 'processing'. We are with a migration agent so don't really want to go over their heads and call the Aus office directly - anyone else in the same situation?

We are using an agent and we rang ourselves yesterday and found out they have requested the signed declaration from our family sponsor. Our agent has had this month's and not loaded it on to system. She was emailed Friday and still not responded, apparently that's all they are waiting for to grant ours! Feeling mad!!?

Exactly, feel guilty going over her head but I was getting nowhere and like you say we pay enough! Thing is now I've gotta give her a nudge and she will know I've done it, feel a bit naughty but oh well ?

It worked! Our information was all lodged and they just hadn't got round to process it yet. Logged in this morning and we have a grant! Just waiting for our agent to call and tell us something we now already know. Happy days [emoji16]

Hi everyone, I have been reading this thread and feel very hopeful. I have a question n hope someone can help me out here. I have submitted my 189 visa application on 30 April, CO assigned and additional doc asked on 16th June which was submitted next day. Haven't heard anything yet!!! Waiting so long is frustrating when you can see many May applicants are granted! I have used agent, is it a good idea to call the DIBP by myself? If so, which number to call for GSM Victoria?

thanks

Hi everyone, I have been reading this thread and feel very hopeful. I have a question n hope someone can help me out here. I have submitted my 189 visa application on 30 April, CO assigned and additional doc asked on 16th June which was submitted next day. Haven't heard anything yet!!! Waiting so long is frustrating when you can see many May applicants are granted! I have used agent, is it a good idea to call the DIBP by myself? If so, which number to call for GSM Victoria?

thanks

Welcome to the forum. Some have had luck calling them, some not.

Archived