Citizenship application - identity documents?

mrsmyth

I'm looking to apply for citizenship from a PR visa that I've had. It's asking for this:

1. Three (3) original documents that collectively show your:
    • photograph
    • signature
    • current residential address
    • birth name, date of birth and gender.

Does this mean a overseas passport, Australian drivers licence and Medicare card

It means what it says 3 documents that collectively show the information, eg Driving Licence, will show photo and address, rent agreement or utility bill shows your address, birth certificate shows your birth name, date of birth and gender, a medicare card shows none of these.

Have you had a look at the application online? They go through each document you need to provide when you go through the application. E.g. proof of date of birth: birth certificate, etc etc. and then you select the document you will provide for each one.

You can start the application (but not submit it) before you are actually eligible, so you can fill in the details and see which documents you need.

Have you had a look at the application online? They go through each document you need to provide when you go through the application. E.g. proof of date of birth: birth certificate, etc etc. and then you select the document you will provide for each one.

You can start the application (but not submit it) before you are actually eligible, so you can fill in the details and see which documents you need.

What a great idea, I'll try that - thank you!

• 8 months later...

You cannot start the application unless you are eligible, when you enter passport# and DOB, the next steps says you need to wait until you meet you eligibility

I am not sure that a driving licence would be accepted as proof of your current address. Usually they want a recent utility bill or something that has been sent through the post.

All they asked from me was a drivers licence. I took a utility bill to my interview as well but they didn't even ask to look at it.

What are the questions they ask during interview? Is it same as written test?

No, it's just like a casual chat as the clerk goes about their checks of the paperwork and your documents. Usually a couple of relevant questions placed into the "chat". "Are you planning on remaining in Australia?" That sort of thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived