Problems with arranging viewings

MrsA

Hi All

I don't know if it is just me but I'm really struggling to arrange any actual viewings for properties. I'm using sites such as domain and using links to email the agents to arrange a viewing etc. All that has happened so far is that I've emailed agents. Many have not even replied. The ones who have replied have advised the properties aren't booking viewings yet and the only property I actually managed to get a viewing for this morning has cancelled with two hours to go.

Has anyone else experienced problems like this. Is there another way to do this. Should I work with an agent myself perhaps. I'm just concerned that our short term rental finishes in four weeks and it's just impossible to get viewings at the moment. I dread to think how bad things are once everyone is trying to secure the same property.

I would be so grateful for any advice.

Many thanks

mrs a

If you're in Australia the usual thing is not to 'arrange a viewing' but to go along to the property when it is open. Open times are usually listed either on the online listing, or probably your local paper will have a list - perhaps in the Saturday issue. You don't have to arrange anything, or book a time - the property will be Open between the hours of xx and xx and you just turn up.

Perhaps instead of emailing agents asking to arrange a viewing, try emailing them or calling them and asking when the property has its Open. It could just be the terminology that is your stumbling block.

Hi Mrs A,

Having literally just moved in to a new rental I know how frustrating looking for one can be.

I kept a very close eye on realestate.com.au and when I saw a house I wanted to view I phoned the agent to register my interest. On realestate you can also view which houses have inspection days already arranged so I popped along to some of them.

In the end, as we knew the specific area that we wanted to rent in, we went into the local rental agents and introduced ourselves and asked if they had any properties coming up that fitted our requirements and it just so happened that a house they had coming on suited us down to the ground and we have just moved in.

As you don't have long until your rental finishes, I would phone the agents for the houses you are interested in. I would also obtain their application form and complete it and have all the relevant information needed ahead of an inspection day so if I saw the house and was interested I could hand the application in then and there before anyone else could apply.

I think with rentals over here that there are so many people looking to rent that the agents know the houses will always go so I think you have to be on the ball with them and keep on their case as they won't always come back to you.

Best of luck!

I don't know if it is just me but I'm really struggling to arrange any actual viewings for properties. I'm using sites such as domain and using links to email the agents to arrange a viewing etc.

Those email links can be useless! Don't email them, phone them, on their mobile number. Don't expect them to arrange a viewing especially for you, most of them won't. You need to get along to the "Open for Inspection" days.

Some of them will take your name and let you know when the open times have been arranged, some won't.

Get on domain.com.au, realestate.com.au (or allhomes.com.au if that's the main site in your area) on Thursday and Friday, which is when they start posting the "opens" for that weekend. Make yourself a schedule and fly around as many as you can see on the day. Take all your documents with you so you can apply on the spot.

As others have suggested, one option is to traipse round the estate agents' offices early Saturday morning - they will either have a printed list of that weekend's open for inspections, or you can look in the window and ask about the properties you see there.

Guest Guest66881

Just go to local agents offices asking for lists of upcoming open days, some leave weekly copies outside the doors on stands or wall racks.

Hi All

I don't know if it is just me but I'm really struggling to arrange any actual viewings for properties. I'm using sites such as domain and using links to email the agents to arrange a viewing etc. All that has happened so far is that I've emailed agents. Many have not even replied. The ones who have replied have advised the properties aren't booking viewings yet and the only property I actually managed to get a viewing for this morning has cancelled with two hours to go.

Has anyone else experienced problems like this. Is there another way to do this. Should I work with an agent myself perhaps. I'm just concerned that our short term rental finishes in four weeks and it's just impossible to get viewings at the moment. I dread to think how bad things are once everyone is trying to secure the same property.

I would be so grateful for any advice.

Many thanks

mrs a

Agree with everyone else, you probably need to look to the open days instead. It is possible to get viewings, actually after a couple of open days we did it by private viewing, but a quick email enquir pay isn't going to cut it. You need to either ring or you would need to send a cracking email enquiry, really selling yourself and why you would be excellent tenants. Have you got a rental pack put together? A covering note? You need to be prepared for open days, there are usuall more applicants than houses in Australia.

Archived