If Labour manages to win the General Election...

Rainman

Guest Amelie
who do you think won out of miliband and cameron?

Cameron out of the two. Milliband contradicts himself and has clearly ignored the actions he took whilst he worked in Gordon Brown's Treasury.

Love or hate him, Nigel Farage actually made valid points. However, Nicola Sturgent was very good…but then so was Nick Clegg back in 2010.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cameron out of the two. Milliband contradicts himself and has clearly ignored the actions he took whilst he worked in Gordon Brown's Treasury.

Love or hate him, Nigel Farage actually made valid points. However, Nicola Sturgent was very good…but then so was Nick Clegg back in 2010.

I would guess you are voting tory this election? am I close.

Guest Amelie
I would guess you are voting tory this election? am I close.

Well, I can't stand Labour. If I lived in Scotland I too would probably vote for SNP. However, you cannot base your decision on a TV debate.

I don't really know. What I do know is that the economy is picking up however, with the amount of UK debt and deficit owed…we are very close to the same levels of debt as Greece.

The Zero-hour contracts debate is red herring because Labour and in particular, Ed Milliband have people who work for their council on Zero-hour contracts...

It looks like Conservatives so far...

Guest Amelie
just listening on 4 and the general consensus is that sturgeon was the best with Miliband just a little better than cameron but nothing really in it.

Sorry, what's 4? Is that channel 4 UK?

Well, I can't stand Labour. If I lived in Scotland I too would probably vote for SNP. However, you cannot base your decision on a TV debate.

I don't really know. What I do know is that the economy is picking up however, with the amount of UK debt and deficit owed…we are very close to the same levels of debt as Greece.

The Zero-hour contracts debate is red herring because Labour and in particular, Ed Milliband have people who work for their council on Zero-hour contracts...

It looks like Conservatives so far...

The tories have borrowed more in 5 years than labour did in 10, the NHS is in meltdown, people are waiting the longest in europe for cancer treatment, we have the most food banks per head of population than anywhere in europe, all the mental care has been closed down and the mentally ill are living on the streets, the tories were the only ones in europe to vote AGAINST a bankers bonus limit, zero hour contracts are wrecking families, the bedroom tax where even disabled people will have to share a room with their spouse or be taxed is evil ...the tories did not get the name "the nasty party" for nothing

[h=2]Good points by john pienaar who has always been neutral in his political analysis.[/h]

A debate cunningly devised as a car crash by Team Cameron turned out to be usefully revealing of them all. And not to Cameron’s advantage. With a battery against him, stripped of advantage, he looked unsettled by this level playing field. Was using the tragedy of his son’s short life a good defence of the NHS or do people wince? Is attacking the Welsh on the NHS good politics? Faced with voices from Scotland and Wales, does he rule for them or just for his home counties?

Nick Clegg’s pose as honest broker was a grating reprise of last time – and it felt bust. Against bookies’ odds, Farage was the heavy loser, badly misjudging this forum as his poison on HIV and foreigners put him back in the BNP coffin: he may have lost respectable support.

Nicola Sturgeon was stellar, as ever: Leanne Wood good. Natalie Bennett was as amateurish as usual, but that won’t worry Greens. Again, the gainer was Ed Miliband – firm, calm, confident on pay, cuts, the NHS and the EU. What irony that Tory attacks on his weakness rebound to his advantage at every outing: any sign of authority comes as a bonus.

Guest Amelie
The tories have borrowed more in 5 years than labour did in 10, the NHS is in meltdown, people are waiting the longest in europe for cancer treatment, we have the most food banks per head of population than anywhere in europe, all the mental care has been closed down and the mentally ill are living on the streets, the tories were the only ones in europe to vote AGAINST a bankers bonus limit, zero hour contracts are wrecking families, the bedroom tax where even disabled people will have to share a room with their spouse or be taxed is evil ...the tories did not get the name "the nasty party" for nothing

Foodbanks is a red herring. First of all, foodbanks started whilst Labour were in Power…I know, I saw the queues going into the local churches. There are people who genuinely need it but unfortunately, like most situations that are not properly controlled and monitored, there is a black market. There are people taking from foodbanks who don't need it. Yes, I know, I saw these people also…from affluent areas of Cheshire…classy.

I don't agree with Zero contracts at all but for Labour to use that is farcical. I assume you didn't watch the debate this evening? Leanne Wood, Assembly Member for South Wales pulled up on Milliband and his hypocrisy as Zero-hours contracts has been going on whilst he worked in Gordon Brown's office….and Labour are employing people, especially Doncaster Council (Milliband's council) employs people on Zero-hours contract…highlights the contradictory and hypocritical party, which is the Labour party.

NHS in meltdown? It depends on where you are in the UK. I am very happy with the NHS….however, I still believe they need to make major strategic leadership and managerial structure changes, to reduce the amount of administrative staff and focus more on the core workers, who are the nurses, care workers, medics and technical assistants. Mental health has not closed down, that is a general comment, which to be honest, I've not heard of. There has been long waiting lists for mental health care treatment…but not overall close down as you have stated. Also, mentally ill living on the streets? Yes, however, a mental health hospital closed down and discharged patients on the streets…a hospital near where my family are based, which happened in 2000.

Cancer treatment and care has improved, I know this again from the area I live in and a member of my family who have received treatment…not correct.

I don't agree with the Bedroom tax at all…apparently that was instigated by the Lib Dems…but again, I can't answer that unless I have seen concrete information.

All parties agreed to the war for a start. When did labour rob personal pensions? Record number of immigrants under this government plus they are good for the UK, more borrowing in 5 years under this government than 10 years of labour. Half the gold stock was sold at more than the price of gold today, anymore I can debunk

Based on lies, 1999, record mass immigration was between 2003 - 2008, borrowing to serve an almost unpayable debt, with low tax returns (normal after recession) gold was sold at record low. Anymore, you will pretend didn't happen, all government make mistakes, that's life.........only an idiot would defend every decision a political party makes.

Whatever happens there is almost certainly going to be a coalition government at the next election which is a good thing in my book as to have a Tory Government alone would be disastrous for the wealth and health of the working man and only the privileged gaining, the tories are the only country in Europe to oppose a cap on bankers bonuses which is quite unbelievable. So according to today's papers a Labour SNP pact in some way looks possible which would be interesting.