Parent visa and kidney transplant help

Sarah SA

****Can someone please help?***

Im from the UK but now live in Australia. My parents live back home in the UK but now really want to come and live with us as I'm their only child. My dad had a kidney transplant 10yrs ago now and takes lots of anti rejection meds that the NHS covers. Does anyone know if my parents could stand a chance of getting a visa to live here in Australia and does medicare cover the meds? They don't have the cash for the retiree visa but the parent visa maybe. I just don't want them paying visa fees and then get rejected coz of my dads meds situation.

Any info would be greatly appreciated ?

Thanks

Agree, George Lombard or Peter Bollard are the agents usually recommended for medical issues, talk to one or the other. They will have to pay for their medications, medicare subsidises some meds but you basically have to pay.

Just be aware that your parents will not be asked to pay the second large VAC or the AOS unless they pass the medical. These are the last two steps before visa grant after all other conditions such as medical and police checks have been done, although they will not get a refund on the initial visa application charge if rejected.

Archived