Diabetes

toNjus

Hi just wondered if there's any type 1 diabetics on here. My oh is one, I was just wondering what sort of info we need to get ready for Medicals and does it take a while to get what ever we need

thanks x

You don't need any info u just go to ya medical and it's the same as everyone else's ....ya medical will probably be referred for a couple of week but other than that they just ask questions about ya hba1 and that's it really they will just ask u questions but my lad was fine :)

Hi just wondered if there's any type 1 diabetics on here. My oh is one, I was just wondering what sort of info we need to get ready for Medicals and does it take a while to get what ever we need

thanks x

From what you have posted, you would be qwell advise to take professional advice.

If ya worried a bout ya medical for a diabetic ...don't be ...unless it's un managed , my son had been in intensive care twice with ketoacidosis ...nearly ended up with cerabal edema ...but they stabilised him ....luckily and was fine ....and he's managed his diabetes ever since that point his medical was the same has ours no different just ask questions to him ...they then were referred for two weeks then we had the visa grant . Obviously if I was worried in anyway I wouldn't take advice from a forum niether common sense tells you to get professional advice if u worried .

Everybody's medical situation will be different, so one applicant with diabetes may have no issues while another could have their visa refused. If your husband has a medical condition that could raise the attention of DIBP, you'd be well-advised to speak with a registered migration agent. George Lombard and Peter Bollard are two that are most often mentioned for applicants with medical conditions.

When we went for our medicals, we were advised if we had any conditions to take information to submit with the medical reports. My son was under a paediatrician - who wrote a letter, and I took letters from a consultant I'd seen. What they want to know is: What is the problem, what investigations or treatment; is is requiring ongoing treatment - what's the prognosis

Thanks for the replies. We're not worried about it, my oh manages his diabetise really well never had a problem since he's had it- 17 years. Of course we'll be getting professional advice but it's nice just to chat with other people who've been through the same thing, I know everyone is different. It was if we needed forms from Drs to get them know or just leave it till we do the Medicals. Round where we live it can take at least 6 weeks to see a Dr for anything :)

Oh yea go along to the doctor , and ask ...get professional advice ....why post on a forum the normal thing to do wud just go doctors in first place lol

I believe he was referring to professional advice, as in that of a migration agent.

I never got anything off doctor ...never asked us to ...the best thing you can do is ring up the clinic where you are having ya meds done and ask them what you need to bring ...I went Manchester for ours ...just give them a ring and tell them ya hubby's a diabetic is there anything you need us to bring with us ....but we never took anything apart from questions to my son his medical was exactly the same as ours nothing different ...and if he manages well and no other issues u will be fine I'm sure of it ...but just give them a ring and hear it from the horses mouth lol :)

Archived