Living in the UK on Australian money?

Marisawright

Just wondering if there is anyone here who is living in the UK on an Australian income.

We're so close to moving now - I'm just being superstitious and refusing to book the flights until I've had my regular colonoscopy at the end of this month.

However, just around the time my husband got his visa approved, the dollar took a dive and suddenly, it's worth less than 50p! All our money is in Australia. Is this going to make living in the UK unaffordable?

Just wondering if there is anyone here who is living in the UK on an Australian income.

We're so close to moving now - I'm just being superstitious and refusing to book the flights until I've had my regular colonoscopy at the end of this month.

However, just around the time my husband got his visa approved, the dollar took a dive and suddenly, it's worth less than 50p! All our money is in Australia. Is this going to make living in the UK unaffordable?

Can't answer that as only you know your income.

in our case in reverse, the dollar was 3 to the pound when we retired to Oz in 2003, and has been down to almost 1.5 since, and now back to just under 2, the best since 2009 for us.

I pad keeps freezing sorry will try to finish?

All you can do is factor in the worst scenario and then decide, our income is index linked so hasn't been a problem luckily to keep ahead.

Sympathise it's not an easy decision.

Edited by ramot

We are managing with that scenario. We are being a bit more cautious and the decline is scary but it's not super worrying us yet. I hope it doesn't go down too much further though. I'm not being quite as profligate as I was but its still comfortable.

we have just returned from the UK We were recieving our Australian Aged Pension.And found it much cheaper to live in the UK.We have only been away for 12 months.And are shocked at the increase in cost of living in Australia,in such a short time.It seems the Liberals just haven't got a clue how to run the country.As when they were last in government,at the hieght of the mining boom,a monkey could of run the country.Now the mining boom is over.Joe Hockey hasn't a clue.The Australian Dollar may fall to it's one time low of .39cents to the pound.Then you will be trapped.