Cost of migration

Mhanvey

The first thing to consider, is that if using an agent, ensure they are MARA registered.

If if you can tell us more about yourself, we can help point you in directions.

32, single bloke, working in construction.

Not sure where to go though, seems like Melbourne is the best place.

Im using a company called emigrateaustralia.co.uk, have you heard of them?

Its all about common sense really...you are not required to have funds...some people on here have migrated with very little in the bank!

Some States that offer sponsorship do require proof of funds or they will not grant their sponsorship. It all depends on what visa one is migrating on.

General skills migration, with no sponsorship, does not require any proof of funds.m

32, single bloke, working in construction.

Not sure where to go though, seems like Melbourne is the best place.

Im using a company called emigrateaustralia.co.uk, have you heard of them?

I would recomend against. They are not MARA registered and merely claim to use a bank of MARA agents. The golden rule when using an agent is to use a MARA agent.

You our age is good, but when you say you work in construction, that is a broad area. What exactly is your trade?

as for the best place, difficult to say. For example, civil engineers are struggling in WA while brickies are in high demand. I recomend you look at seek.com.au for an indication.

I would recomend against. They are not MARA registered and merely claim to use a bank of MARA agents. The golden rule when using an agent is to use a MARA agent.

You our age is good, but when you say you work in construction, that is a broad area. What exactly is your trade?

as for the best place, difficult to say. For example, civil engineers are struggling in WA while brickies are in high demand. I recomend you look at seek.com.au for an indication.

Construction project manager, I have already checked the SOL and it is on the list, I have checked seek for the particular type of construction I work in which is retail and commercial to get a good idea of salary range. I have checked the companys accreditation and they are not MARA but they work with MARA registers consultants, assuming this makes them a sort of 'middle man' who collate the whole process.

Yes that would be just for myself, I was not sure if that was good or bad.

That will include, visa, CRB check, medical, legal fees, assistance finding a job and assistance finding housing.

A CRB check is useless, you need a check through ACRO for immigration purposes and you have to pay for that when you apply for it. Same with a medical, you pay when you go for it.

Sorry, but an agent can't apply for these (police check and medical) on your behalf, you have to do them and pay for them.

Why do you need to pay legal fees? Unless you have something like kids from a previous relationship I can't see the need for legal fees.......

Unless your situation is complicated I would do it yourself.

Agent will only tell you what to do and when, you still have to collect all the paperwork, book medicals do English test etc.

Why go through MARA intermediary when you can get direct MARA agent, they use then as consultants then two people being paid to do one persons job.

Book out your weekends for paperwork, make complete list of process and evidence you need and save yourself the cash to pay all the fees. They soon mount up with police checks, notary services, registered post costs to Australia for skills assessment.

Construction project manager, I have already checked the SOL and it is on the list, I have checked seek for the particular type of construction I work in which is retail and commercial to get a good idea of salary range. I have checked the companys accreditation and they are not MARA but they work with MARA registers consultants, assuming this makes them a sort of 'middle man' who collate the whole process.

If they are a middle man, I'd be dubious. It's already debatable whether you really need an agent - to pay a middle man on top of agent's fees just sounds like a waste of money.

Ask them, what are they doing on top of what the agent does? I suspect very little - probably just the "assistance" to find accommodation and a job, and I would be doubtful how concrete that would really be.

Have you checked the VETASSESS skills assessment requirements for your occupation?

They are:

[h=3]Construction Project Manager (ANZSCO Code 133111)[/h]This occupation requires a qualification which is assessed as comparable to the educational level of an Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) Bachelor degree or higher degree, in a field highly relevant to the nominated occupation.

In addition to this, applicants must have at least one year of post-qualification employment at an appropriate skill level completed in the last five years which is highly relevant to the nominated occupation. If the qualification(s) are not at the required educational level, or if the employment has been completed prior to the qualification, then the employment will be assessed below the required skill level.

A highly relevant field of study is Construction Project Management, which is the study of planning and controlling building projects (ASCED). General management degrees without underpinning or related studies in construction/civil engineering or building would not usually be positively assessed for this occupation. Qualifications in Architectural Studies with supporting highly relevant employment will be considered on a case-by-case basis.

Has the cost of skills assessment been factored into the quote? IELTS (may be needed for points)?

Archived