Why the beach obsession?

starlight7

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest66881

For me early mornings and late afternoons are the best for beach walks here in WA, the sun at this precise moment is just stunning.:cool:

Beach is big in the minds of many as it is basically what Australia is considered to be. Sun and beach.

I'd rather they didn't have crazy things waiting to hurt me like those box jellyfish and those stone thingies! I can't remember the name now. Your safe if you stay on the sand :laugh:

Guest Guest66881
I'd rather they didn't have crazy things waiting to hurt me like those box jellyfish and those stone thingies! I can't remember the name now. Your safe if you stay on the sand :laugh:

Snakes and spiders mate:cool:

Guest Guest66881
Are snakes going to chase me down the beach :laugh: :cute: Australia is crazy. Look at tinks post the other day.. You can't even do a pee without a frog harassing you!

Snakes can move quicker than you think Stacey, it's the bomleys you need to worry about though.

A remarkably rather risk adverse country actually. You'd be right. Although a Yorkshire tourist did die sadly of complications just the other day in QLD due to jellyfish sting. He had a prevailing condition sadly. Swim within the flags if not confident and will be right as rain.

Are snakes going to chase me down the beach :laugh: :cute: Australia is crazy. Look at tinks post the other day.. You can't even do a pee without a frog harassing you!

Hardly crazy. Most seldom if ever see a snake. I've only seen one in the car park close to a beach in that sense. The tropics bring other issues but mostly risk adverse like I say.

Hardly crazy. Most seldom if ever see a snake. I've only seen one in the car park close to a beach in that sense. The tropics bring other issues but mostly risk adverse like I say.

You have to admit there's some crazy stuff over there lol so many creatures seem to be dangerous and then I read about these trees up north queensland that are really harmful so I won't be touching anything!

We found an island with a lovely beach that you can only access by boat. We spent many a weekend camping there, wandering about in the dark collecting firewood etc, then i stumbled across this news article and have never been back since ! lol.. Shame really as it was a lovely spot but i would never be able to relax now..

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/lifestyle/pets-and-wildlife/a-video-of-two-brown-snakes-locked-in-a-death-grip-has-signalled-the-start-of-breeding-season-and-sparked-warnings-to-beachgoers/story-fnk74alk-1227138291145

Cal x

Don't laugh Stacey ........... a tiger snake was spotted on a nearby beach slithering out of the sea .......... I think I would have fainted if I'd seen it.

http://www.theadvocate.com.au/story/2730383/snake-on-beach-not-unusual-says-handler/

I've seen a lot of tigers- they don't go for you unless you tread on them and if you make a fair bit of noise they make themselves scarce. We had one living under our holiday house once and I used to be a bit nervous about going in the garden- made the kids wear shoes just in case.

I'm a picture B kind of guy. I find beach places nice to visit sometimes. I think I prefer many UK beaches over many Australian beaches because they have history and life around them. In Australia many of the beaches are surrounded by low density modern housing and those areas combined with empty beaches just don't gel with me.

If they could plonk a beach a few km away I wouldn't object as it would be nice sometimes but I would be depressed if I had move to a suburban beach area. Some Sydney harbour/inner beaches are my favourite in Australia because of the stunning location set in a high density urban fabric with a sense of history and connectedness about them. The other sort of beaches I love are those you drive on like Fraser Island. I think if I had to live near a beach I would prefer to live in the heart of a regional city like Newcastle with the beach in the city.

I love the beach! Went surfing 3 days a week, strolling along the beach another 1 or 2 times. I wouldn't pay the price to live "on" the beach. I don't mind driving in my car for 10 minutes. But certainly not longer than 30.

Archived