No Live Trace on UK PCC

youngfreewild

Hi

We got my partners PCC back this morning and as expected it says 'NO LIVE TRACE'

He has a few cautions/convictions from years ago so we were aware it would say this.

Just trying to get prepared for what the CO might say now (if/when we get to that stage), we have a copy of his CRB check which lists them all out, so wondering if that would be sufficient if they do want to know more details.

I have also read that we could apply for a subject access report from APCO, it only costs £10 and takes 40 days...

Has anyone had any experience with this and what did you do?

Thanks

The first thing is - did the convictions get declared on the application, or have you previously entered Aus and not declared them ... as this is where some people have the difficulty rather than with the actual convictions (unless prison term of 12 months or more).

Reading the forums, it seems that most people write a statement about the circumstances and how they've changed, never been in trouble again for x amount of years etc., also it might help to have someone write a character statement.

The first thing is - did the convictions get declared on the application, or have you previously entered Aus and not declared them ... as this is where some people have the difficulty rather than with the actual convictions (unless prison term of 12 months or more).

Reading the forums, it seems that most people write a statement about the circumstances and how they've changed, never been in trouble again for x amount of years etc., also it might help to have someone write a character statement.

thanks for replies. He hasn't ever been to prison but he has got convictions, I think he was too young to go to prison.

We we haven't lodged visa app yet still waiting for Invite but obviously do plan on declaring everything.

We have been to Oz before on a WHV and he can't remember if he declared them on the application for that, is there any way we can find out does anyone know? Starting to panic a bit now

Hi All

I have the same "No Live Trace", I read in the Australia and New Zealand magazine this month they say you need to then get a "Subject Access Report" which lists everything in the archive to back up your Police Certificate.

Has anyone else been asked to get the Access Report after a No Live Trace result?

Thanks

Andrew

Hi Andrew

That's exactly what we have done, I sent off for the Subject Access Report last week, it might take 40 days and only costs £10 so I didn't want to wait and see if we were asked for it. Also, I plan on doing a Form 80 for my partner and in the section on there it asks about criminal history, so I want to make sure I have the details and dates correct which I will get from the Subject Access. My partner has had a few CRB checks done over the last few years so we might have been able to submit one of those, I have read someone doing that and it was accepted also. What we have noticed though is he has 3 CRB checks and none of them are the same, they seem to have missed things off each and including them in others. Anyway, hopefully this subject access will include everything!

Good Luck

I had a CRB done when I started this job 5 years ago and shows the 1 discrepancy that makes it a No Live Trace. I was considering adding that but I was worried that they would still ask me for this access report and if it takes 40 days I didn't want to delay. Worst case I have wasted £10 but at least I will know exactly what they have to their system about me :)

My husbands was expected to come back as no live trace so we have sent off for both the £45 and £10 police checks. Mine says 'No trace' so I did not apply for the £10 police check.

I'd rather have too many police reports attached than not enough. I am not risking the visa being delayed.

We will also write a brief statement and get a character witness.

Is the crb the same as the acro police check x

i am slightly panicking about this. I'm worried we won't get our visa. My oh got 6 weeks for speeding and he's had a couple of cautions as well. This was back about 18 +'years ago. Trouble is we can't rememer the dates etc. I wanted to do a police check just in case when we applied we got something wrong or missed something. God that makes him seem bad it was only minor things. He now has his own buiness and is doing well

Edited by toNjus