Cyclone Marcia

HelensvaleHoward

[h=3]Wild weather and possible flooding predicted to hit Brisbane, Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast[/h]

http://www.weatherzone.com.au/news/wild-weather-and-possible-flooding-predicted-to-hit-brisbane-gold-coast-and-sunshine-coast/243269

Days of wild weather are predicted to buffet the Queensland coast through to the Darling Downs and the south-east this week as a low moves out to sea.

The Bureau of Meteorology (BoM) is monitoring the weather system in the northern Coral Sea.

There is a severe weather warning for damaging winds, heavy rain, abnormally high tides and dangerous surf for coastal areas south from the Capricornia.

At 3:30pm (AEST) on Tuesday the system was about 1,000 kilometres east-north-east of Cairns.

The BoM said it had a moderate chance of developing into a tropical cyclone by Wednesday as it moved east away from the Queensland coast.

The system is expected to produce strong winds and drenching rain along the coast as it begins to move south, and could cross the coast in the Capricornia or Wide Bay on Friday.

Potentially flooding rains of more than 200 millimetres are expected in the south-east, with the Gold and Sunshine Coast hinterlands likely to get even more.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They're saying it's going be at it's worst at 4am

I've cleared my garden of everything not nailed down

Its raining heavy at the moment and quite breezy

But it's just getting started

Me thinks we could be in for a long night

Well that's if Pam wakes me lol

Cos I can sleep through most things hehe

Stay safe everyone

Its been raining on and off here for about 5 hours now, nothing heavy though and no breeze /wind what so ever. Hubby works on the coast so took the Troopy to work today in case we had any roads starting to flood, but looks like he will be safe and have a normal drive home.

Cal x

Guest The Pom Queen

Everyone please take care, this cyclone is going to be the first to cross so far South in over 20 years.

Check the council maps for flood zones, move to higher ground. There should be a list of things to get ready in your cyclone kit on here, one which will affect you for probably a week after are food supplies (baby food, nappies and toilet roll are the first to go) fill your cars with fuel and draw cash out of the ATMs because after the cyclone has crossed you won't be able to withdraw from ATMs and usually can't pay in shops with your card.

Check your house insurance is up to date but most of all stay safe.

We went through Yasi so if there is anyone out there who is new to this and wants to chat pm me. Also make sure all your phones, laptops etc are charged, torches and lanterns have batteries etc.

Hugs to you all @Bobj I'm hoping it keeps South of you, I'm watching the track and if it does change I'm coming to get you.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Everyone please take care, this cyclone is going to be the first to cross so far South in over 20 years.

Check the council maps for flood zones, move to higher ground. There should be a list of things to get ready in your cyclone kit on here, one which will affect you for probably a week after are food supplies (baby food, nappies and toilet roll are the first to go) fill your cars with fuel and draw cash out of the ATMs because after the cyclone has crossed you won't be able to withdraw from ATMs and usually can't pay in shops with your card.

Check your house insurance is up to date but most of all stay safe.

We went through Yasi so if there is anyone out there who is new to this and wants to chat pm me. Also make sure all your phones, laptops etc are charged, torches and lanterns have batteries etc.

Hugs to you all @Bobj I'm hoping it keeps South of you, I'm watching the track and if it does change I'm coming to get you.

Be still, my trembling heart...:laugh:

Cheers, Bobj.

Guest The Pom Queen

Afraid this little monster is intensifying and if it wasn't for the speed she is moving I think she could have reached a Cat 5. The eye is 22km only small but large enough.

Archived