Certified true copies. Double whammy???!!

adele244

Hi there,

I'm wondering if anyone can answer this or has done the same. We have just dropped off 60 items to be certified by the solicitor as true copies for Vetassess. It includes loads of trade certificates, Our accounts through various years, supplier invoices, invoices we have issued and loads more stuff. Vetassess don't return these certified copies for sure. We are going to be £200 lighter in the wallet for this but I now have a bad feeling.....

When you actually apply for your Visa will we have to have the whole caboodle done again and certified again? :arghh: I ask because I am sure at some point I was told that unfortunately it all has to be done again!! Surely the Immigration are going to want to have certified copies of passports, our accounts etc.....If so that's another £200!!

Could anybody please advice what happened to them,,, If this is the case may as well get solicitor to do double, whilst he has got them in.

I really hope I am wrong but I do have a nagging feeling...

If you are going to apply for your visa online, why not scan in all your certified docs before you send them off - then they can just be uploaded when the time comes. If you are going to submit in paper, then I guess you will need (most of) them again??

Do they all need to be certified for Vetassess?? For my recent 300 application I just had the official docs certified (births deaths & marriages - to coin a phrase) passport etc. Check here to see who can certify and see if there is someone cheaper than a solicitor..... http://www.gov.uk/certifying-a-document

Good luck!!

We were discussing this over on this thread recently: http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/227481-do-visa-documents-e-g-certificates-need-notarized.html

The conclusion that thread came to is that if you scan the original docs in colour and e-mail them to your MA, or upload them yourself onto the Immi website, then they don't need to be notarised/certified, because they are originals and not copies.

You can buy a cheap scanner for £30 or do it in a cybercafe.

We were discussing this over on this thread recently: http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/227481-do-visa-documents-e-g-certificates-need-notarized.html

The conclusion that thread came to is that if you scan the original docs in colour and e-mail them to your MA, or upload them yourself onto the Immi website, then they don't need to be notarised/certified, because they are originals and not copies.

You can buy a cheap scanner for £30 or do it in a cybercafe.

Thats right, if colour scanning you do not need anything notarized at all, not even your police checks unless your co asks you too.

Thats right, if colour scanning you do not need anything notarized at all, not even your police checks unless your co asks you too.

So do you scan in the police check. I had thought that was the only one they wanted the original of so assumed they would want you to post that one to them ??

Guest spreadingwings

You don't need to send physical docs to VETASSESS any longer. I sent all of mine as scanned docs online - you should be able to do the same.

Your only part way. Wait until your here, you end up needing loads of originals witnessed and signed by a JP in Queensland. We are very lucky to know a JP as a friend.

S

I'm pleased to report that Australian JPs don't charge to certify documents (AFAIK, they're not allowed to) and in Queensland, most shopping centres have at least one JP available at set times every week. The centre near me (just a Coles and about 20 small shops so not large) has 2 JPs every weekday for 2 hours.

You don't need to send physical docs to VETASSESS any longer. I sent all of mine as scanned docs online - you should be able to do the same.

I have just asked my agent to confirm this as I have had conflicting references. He said if you are Trade occupation (which hubby is) you have to send hard copies, if you are general/professional occupations they have have different procedures and you can upload.

(For some reason I don't know if I am convinced, though I really need to trust agent)

Archived