Time line for validating

Bronyaur

Guest Chewitts
I know its 12 months from meds/police check to validate, but how much time is usually given once the visa is granted? for example my meds are end of May, so would i get 3,4 or 6 months to get over and validate?

How ever much time is left on your meds/police check so if you had your meds 30th may 2014 and your visa is granted in March 2015 you will have until 30 may 2015 to validate as far as I know

Hi, it sort of answers the question, what my main concern is if the current waiting times are 10-14 months, then someone taking meds in May and applying in December might only only get 3 months to sort out validating. In other words is there no set period they allow. Ive seen people having about 5-6 months to validate based on a 9 month wait to get visa.

So its 12 months from the police check as well, only thought it was from medical. Put in for my police check last week and was going to put off the meds for a bit so I wouldnt have to go before march next year.

But if it also starts from police checks then I might as well book the medical sooner and go earlier, what a shame I will have to be in Oz in their summer :wink:

So its 12 months from the police check as well, only thought it was from medical. Put in for my police check last week and was going to put off the meds for a bit so I wouldnt have to go before march next year.

But if it also starts from police checks then I might as well book the medical sooner and go earlier, what a shame I will have to be in Oz in their summer :wink:

you need to get them done pretty close together, otherwise you run the risk of one expiring and the other not!

Hi, it sort of answers the question, what my main concern is if the current waiting times are 10-14 months, then someone taking meds in May and applying in December might only only get 3 months to sort out validating. In other words is there no set period they allow. Ive seen people having about 5-6 months to validate based on a 9 month wait to get visa.

Yep I see what you mean. I wonder how they willl deal with this as the processing times get longer?

Not sure about now, but when we applied for the visa - the advice from immigration was not to have the medicals and police checks until requested to avoid the scenario of having a short validation period. The least i've heard of is 3 months - we got 10 months

I would actually recommend that you don't do the police checks or the medicals until you are way further down the application. Possibly at the stage where you have received your invite uploaded your docs and awaiting for a CO to be assigned go you. This way your not wasting money for either one of them. It all adds up and the application is already costly.

I know its 12 months from meds/police check to validate, but how much time is usually given once the visa is granted? for example my meds are end of May, so would i get 3,4 or 6 months to get over and validate?

You apply for your visa..... get meds and police check done.... the time you have depends how long the visa takes to be granted. But it is 12 months from the date of which ever check you had done 1st.

An example.... If you apply for a visa on the 1st jan.... get your meds done on the 10th jan and your police check on the 15th jan..... you have until the 10th jan to enter Australia irrespective of how long it takes to grant. So the answer to your question is it depends on when you are granted your visa = how much time is left after grant. In the above scenario if you got your visa on the 10th july you would have 6 months.... if your visa was granted 10th December then 1 months. The CO wont let your meds and PCC run out.... if you had it done without front end loading you should be ok for time.

Archived