Pay As You Go Phones

HappyHeart

I need to buy a new phone urgently, don't want to spend a lot as will have a good one with new job but have a period of time without one so what to buy??? Want to stay on Vodaphone and keep my old number.

All you can do is walk into Vodafone and ask them what they have available for your situation.

Do you have an old phone rolling around in a drawer that you could walk in with?

Even if it's not the latest, who cares, as long as it rings and texts, it will do in the short term.

Does a kid have an old one?

Friends?

Parents?

Then, all you will need is a pay as you go sim.

Check out Coles and Woolies - they both have some pretty cheap mobiles starting from about $30. We got my eldest one for $30 and I got one for $20 ages ago, both PAYG. Depending on your usage will depend on which PAYG plan is best for you. I hardly use mine and have a long expiry with Virgin that cost $19 and lasts six months. My eldest has the same and my OH has one that is $19 and last 3 months but he can call me for free (also Virgin). If you use your phone a lot then find a PAYG that gives you cheap/free calls for the amount you are likely to use.

All you can do is walk into Vodafone and ask them what they have available for your situation.

Do you have an old phone rolling around in a drawer that you could walk in with?

Even if it's not the latest, who cares, as long as it rings and texts, it will do in the short term.

Does a kid have an old one?

Friends?

Parents?

Then, all you will need is a pay as you go sim.

No old phones that still work. No I want something with internet and a camera. I use my phone a lot for texting calling the husband (he is on vodaphone) taking pics and internet use. I think I may be better with a plan but will check out the supermarkets forgot about them.

You can move your phone number to any network at no extra charge. I have a Vodaphone number which has been running on Optus for years. My supplier is Savytel, their credit never expires, I hardly use my phone so never go through more than $50 a year. You only seem to need a temporary phone, plenty of basic ones available from shopping centres and big stores like JB Hifi, Harvey Norman, etc, just like someone else said may sure they are unlocked, I've seen basic ones for around $70.