457 - Current processing times

tbk

On 3 April 2017 at 1:00 PM, EVELYN said:

Hi Guys,

I lodged my application as subsequent entrant on 16 Jan 2017. My de facto partner is already holding the 457 so I did the application all by myself. I thought it would be quick but it's been almost 3 months and the status is still "Received". Anyone has any idea how long a subsequent entrant usually take to process? I'm pretty sure I've upload all the required documents, start to get worried.....

Hi everyone,

Just want to share GOOOOOD news. Got the email from DIBP with my visa this morning! (9:30 was a bit too early for this kind of news:)

application lodged on 16 Jan 2017

visa granted on 5 Apr 2017

high risk. onshore.

Hope this could be a useful timeline for other subsequent entrant applicants.

Btw, no CO signed from beginning to end.

GOOK LUCK!!

• Like 3

Hi guys, my partner's employer / MA lodged her 457 in October last year ('16), as of now, almost mid-April there has been no contact or decision from immigration.

Can anyone offer any advice?

Nomination approved on 14 decmber 2016.Because of baby's birth we have not  applied for the visa yet. Now apply last manth  16 march  anybody has any idea that huw much time it will take to get the visa.  

Guest 22saab
Nomination approved on 14 decmber 2016.Because of baby's birth we have not  applied for the visa yet. Now apply last manth  16 march  anybody has any idea that huw much time it will take to get the visa.  

Hi r u from india?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, audrayyeng said:
Hi all,
my 457 has been approved last friday.

Timeline
Sponsor Lodged : 21 Dec 16
Sponsor Approved: 17 Mar 2017
Nomination Lodged: 23 Mar 2017
Nomination Approved: 6 Apr 2017
457 Lodged: 6 Apr 2017
457 Approved: 5 May 2017

Congrats mate which position u applied

And will u come under new rules ?? 

15 minutes ago, princesammy said:

Congrats mate which position u applied

And will u come under new rules ?? 

Hi,

The new rules have not take effect, other than the changes in occupation lists.

I applied under Developer Programmer, granted with 4 years (still under the old 457 rules I guess).

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, audrayyeng said:

Hi,

The new rules have not take effect, other than the changes in occupation lists.

I applied under Developer Programmer, granted with 4 years (still under the old 457 rules I guess).

Hmmm thanks for the info and all the best 

On 1/11/2015 at 10:21 PM, axn992 said:

Developer Programmer is under MLTSSL anyway, so he will get 4 years no matter if it is under the old or new law. Anyone with jobs changed to Short Term list/not on the list but still getting 4 years of visa granted? Please leave a comment. 

On 1/11/2015 at 10:21 PM, axn992 said:

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/health-requirements/health-exam.htm

I assume you are from a low risk country. Hence, you do not need to submit your medicals. Most visas are turned down because most some of them submitted an incomplete application(missing documents) or they did not provide sufficient documents of their dependants.

If one do not have any criminal record, I think he/she will be fine. My 2 cents.

I am also still waiting for a reply from IMMI. Submitted almost a month already.

i'm still waiting for nomination and visa approval.

nomination lodged 12 oct 2016

visa logged 14 oct 2016

further documents and medicals requested 1 dec

documents provided 23 dec

since then i'm waiting...

i applied as sales and marketing manager in a meat industry...thinking to withdraw case now

I applied onshore. I am from low risk country (singapore) but I've done medicals. I was previously on 485 that will expire on 8th May (457 came 3 days before that).

I think it is essential for you to submit whatever documents you have. My company did Labor Market testing even though my occupation is exempted as it is the first time they are sponsoring. I also attached my ACS skills assessment which was taken a few months ago. As long as they have all information, they will not delay it. Just make sure at the time you lodge, you have bought medical insurance. I was changing provider in the midst of the application therefore I had attached 2 insurance certificate, with no day breaks between them.

I've also sent an email to 457 after the new changes announced and they had replied that I will not be affected and I am still in the queue to be allocated/processed.

Hope it helps. Good luck!

• Like 1

Hello all,

Good news!  We received our 457 on 9 May 2017.

Timeline

Nomination and Visa Lodged: 15 Dec 2016
Further information requested: 18 April  2017
Documents submitted : 26 April 2017
457 granted : 9 May 2017

- onshore application , low risk country, family of 5.

I know it's been a long wait for some but we did not hear anything from IMMIGRATION department until the morning of 18 April when PM made that press release and we were at least glad the CO asked for extra document and responded positively to our application. 

Our visa was granted 2 weeks thereafter. And it's definitely a relief to our young family. Stay hopeful guys! 

• Like 2

On 11/01/2015 at 10:21 PM, axn992 said:

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/health-requirements/health-exam.htm

I assume you are from a low risk country. Hence, you do not need to submit your medicals. Most visas are turned down because most some of them submitted an incomplete application(missing documents) or they did not provide sufficient documents of their dependants.

If one do not have any criminal record, I think he/she will be fine. My 2 cents.

I am also still waiting for a reply from IMMI. Submitted almost a month already.

8 hours ago, dejuvu said:

Hello all,

Good news!  We received our 457 on 9 May 2017.

Timeline

Nomination and Visa Lodged: 15 Dec 2016
Further information requested: 18 April  2017
Documents submitted : 26 April 2017
457 granted : 9 May 2017

- onshore application , low risk country, family of 5.

I know it's been a long wait for some but we did not hear anything from IMMIGRATION department until the morning of 18 April when PM made that press release and we were at least glad the CO asked for extra document and responded positively to our application. 

Our visa was granted 2 weeks thereafter. And it's definitely a relief to our young family. Stay hopeful guys! 

8 hours ago, khadijariaz said:

congrats.

for how many years ur visa is?

what was ur occupation?

Hi there, 

Our 457 visa grant is for 3 years but we had a prior labour agreement with immigration backdated in 2016 which will eventually lead on to Permanent visa 186 therefore the new change of policy will not affect us. The occupation is minister of religion. 

Cheers.