457 - Current processing times

tbk

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To my understanding, there are exemptions to those holding a passport of Canada, New Zealand, Republic of Ireland, the United Kingdom or the United States or having AUD96,400 base annual salary.

I didn't need to show proof of English language because I lived in Canada as a child (Permanent Resident for two years) and attended an American School for most of my life in Mexico. I did send some transcripts and letters in English.

Visa granted today guys!!

nomination approved: August 30

visa applied: September 5

medicals submitted: September 20

visa grant: September 21

woooo i did not expect it to be so quick! Flying on the 3rd of October!

keep waiting guys, all worth it!!

congrats!

Congrats Dggs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratz dgqs!

Does anyone know if we can apply 457 visa and 189 visa at the same time? Let's say if my nomination for 457 visa is approved and I am invited by the government to submit 189 visa application, is it ok to lodge both visa applications at the same time?

@kieu:

Yes, you can lodge visas as much as you want at the same time, as long as you are willing to pay all its fees. However, they will issue 1 type of visa for a person at the time. So, if your application for 457 would be approved, then they will automatically terminate yours 189 apllication.

@kieu:

Yes, you can lodge visas as much as you want at the same time, as long as you are willing to pay all its fees. However, they will issue 1 type of visa for a person at the time. So, if your application for 457 would be approved, then they will automatically terminate yours 189 apllication.

Many thanks kevin7417, the information helps!

@kieu:

That's not correct. Both applications will be processed, and whichever one is approved last will over-write the earlier visa. So if the 189 is approved first, the applicant should immediately withdraw the 457 application otherwise they will end up with a temporary visa replacing the permanent one.

@kieu you can lodge as many visa applications simultaneously as you would like. Of course that's expensive since withdrawing an application doesn't give you any refund of the fee you've paid.

@MaggieMay24: Are you sure? If CO is processing a case, dont he/she check up database and find out applicant has already got a visa and thus, another visa should not be granted?

I got info from Consulate General staff and they confirmed that There's the rule that one person can only have one visa at the time. They would not grant two visa for one person.

@MaggieMay24: Are you sure? If CO is processing a case, dont he/she check up database and find out applicant has already got a visa and thus, another visa should not be granted?

I got info from Consulate General staff and they confirmed that There's the rule that one person can only have one visa at the time. They would not grant two visa for one person.

Grant a visa and have a visa are two different things. One can be granted multiple visas and as most people have, such as granted visitor visa, then a 457 visa and further a PR visa etc. but can only hold one (substantive) visa at any time, the previous visa will be ceased upon the grant of a new visa, that is why you will be asked, when lodge a further application for a visa, that whether you have unfinalised application which is still being processed.

Hi Guys,

I have applied for a 457 visa , the Agent lodged my application on the 16th Aug and Medicals submitted on the 18th Aug. No news so far. And it's almost 5 weeks.

I am from Sri Lanka, I applied with my wife and two kids. The agent got back to me saying there is a delay due to the Industrial Action in the public sector. I am not entirely sure what this means.

It would be good to know if anyone who lodged medicals during 18th Aug week or after who got the visa grants ?

A lot of people apply while holding another visa and COs can't be expected to second-guess everyone's situation. You'd like to think a CO would question someone who is replacing a "better" visa such as a 189 with a "lesser" visa such as a 457, and ask the applicant if they want to withdraw the second application. Some COs may do this, but I wouldn't risk waiting for them to suggest it.

Hi Guys,

I have applied for a 457 visa , the Agent lodged my application on the 16th Aug and Medicals submitted on the 18th Aug. No news so far. And it's almost 5 weeks.

I am from Sri Lanka, I applied with my wife and two kids. The agent got back to me saying there is a delay due to the Industrial Action in the public sector. I am not entirely sure what this means.

It would be good to know if anyone who lodged medicals during 18th Aug week or after who got the visa grants ?

There is industrial action going on for at east the next two weeks which may slow up some processing.

http://www.border.gov.au/about/corporate/pia

Thank you very much guys @MaggieMay24 @kevin7417 @Wei Shu @gayanh

I think I will stay patient with the 457 nomination and visa first and go with 189 if 457 doesn't go right at last. Yes that's a lot of money and it's no good to waste my boss' money as he has paid for the nomination already.

Nomination fee is not high. Visa application fee is much higher, especially when you have dependent applicants.

Hello,

457 visa has applied on May 1st week 2016.Still no updates its crossed five months.Now visa status is "Assesment in progress"

How long does it take to get visa grant???

Can anyone please tell is there any chances to reject the visa?

Archived