457 - Current processing times

tbk

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My visa is already at 12 weeks from lodgement. Very frustrating!

It indeed is..mine is past 12weeks...but as its already been a long time now so it ll turn up..they would have found the reason to refuse by now..so let's keep faith..last Friday and sat there were visa grants ..let's hope getting the golden email tomorrow :)

Same thing for me! Nothing since then. I pushed my MA to send an urgent email and will wait for their response til tomorrow if they accept it. That is as per the advice of the officer I've talked to in DIBP's hotline. Even the officer could not tell why is it taking so long considering my nomination has been approved and my occupation.

I've had an email from my case officer! The email is in response to my request for an update and I asked them to confirm that they had received documents (previously one I attached didn't open and they didn't tell me for 4 weeks). They have confirmed they have all the documentation they need but interestingly my CO has written 'I cannot give you a time frame in which you can expect to hear'. I also note that this CO has a different name to the person who I originally spoke with. Unfortunately an email is not a conversation so I can't now go back with questions but the gist from them is 'We're looking at your application, we have everything we need, we don't know how long it's going to take'.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I've had an email from my case officer! The email is in response to my request for an update and I asked them to confirm that they had received documents (previously one I attached didn't open and they didn't tell me for 4 weeks). They have confirmed they have all the documentation they need but interestingly my CO has written 'I cannot give you a time frame in which you can expect to hear'. I also note that this CO has a different name to the person who I originally spoke with. Unfortunately an email is not a conversation so I can't now go back with questions but the gist from them is 'We're looking at your application, we have everything we need, we don't know how long it's going to take'.

That is reassuring..maybe you get the visa in the next few days

Date of Application - 11-March-2016

Date of Medicals - 19-March-2016

Current Status - This Application has been received by Department, and will be assessed.

--------------------------------------------

Now, waiting for Visa Grant. Can anybody predict visa approval date from prior experience ?

Date of Application - 11-March-2016

Date of Medicals - 19-March-2016

Current Status - This Application has been received by Department, and will be assessed.

--------------------------------------------

Now, waiting for Visa Grant. Can anybody predict visa approval date from prior experience ?

Unfortunately it depends. At the moment it seems the full time is being taken, so if you are low risk it could be 2 months - high risk is 3 months. Other factors which can affect the application are whether it is just for yourself or your whole family and whether your employer is registered with the immigration dept etc.

Good that you got a reply although it does not answer the big question "WHEN" :)

Good that you got a reply although it does not answer the big question "WHEN" :)

No it doesn't. In some ways its good - especially as it reads as though someone took the time to compose it rather than a cut and paste response however all they're really saying is that I have to wait for as long as it takes. It has caused a great deal of hassle - my nomination was approved 1st Feb! Thankfully my employer is being great about it. No doubt I'll have to make myself worth the wait when I get there :-/

No it doesn't. In some ways its good - especially as it reads as though someone took the time to compose it rather than a cut and paste response however all they're really saying is that I have to wait for as long as it takes. It has caused a great deal of hassle - my nomination was approved 1st Feb! Thankfully my employer is being great about it. No doubt I'll have to make myself worth the wait when I get there :-/

Well its no fault of yours, I am sure your employer will have to wait for the visa. Did they give you a date to start work? I have also stopped working, so no pay till I get there :(

That's their standard statement. The times on the DIBP website are a target processing time, but they make no commitments about the actual processing time for any application. It's annoying, but they're consistently non-committal.

My 457 finally got granted today.

Applied in Melbourne through a MA.

I'm CEO for a newly set up foreign subsidiary. I've been working for them for nearly 10 years but based in Asia then was required to relocate here. I've been in Melbourne since Feb 2015 on a 600 business visa, not officially employed here, just supporting as the position of CEO whilst still technically employed by the Asian company. I'm required to move my employment here now though. Not looking forward to the higher tax though ;-/

Whole timeline:

Nomination approved Nov 2015 (basically as CEO, I submitted this on behalf of the company and nominated myself)

457 submitted and Bridging visa A granted Nov 2015

Request for medical to be updated due to change in requirement Feb 2016

Assessment in progress March 4th 2016

Bridging visa B applied for and granted April 2016

457 granted April 8th 2016

I'm from UK but my wife and step-daughter is Thai but all got granted. Other than the extremely frustrating long wait and being stuck here without being able to travel, there were no issues. I'm guessing it took so long because of my age (46) plus my wife being from a higher risk country.

I am on a plane out of here tonight though for 2 weeks ;-)

My 457 finally got granted today.

Applied in Melbourne through a MA.

I'm CEO for a newly set up foreign subsidiary. I've been working for them for nearly 10 years but based in Asia then was required to relocate here. I've been in Melbourne since Feb 2015 on a 600 business visa, not officially employed here, just supporting as the position of CEO whilst still technically employed by the Asian company. I'm required to move my employment here now though. Not looking forward to the higher tax though ;-/

Whole timeline:

Nomination approved Nov 2015 (basically as CEO, I submitted this on behalf of the company and nominated myself)

457 submitted and Bridging visa A granted Nov 2015

Request for medical to be updated due to change in requirement Feb 2016

Assessment in progress March 4th 2016

Bridging visa B applied for and granted April 2016

457 granted April 8th 2016

I'm from UK but my wife and step-daughter is Thai but all got granted. Other than the extremely frustrating long wait and being stuck here without being able to travel, there were no issues. I'm guessing it took so long because of my age (46) plus my wife being from a higher risk country.

I am on a plane out of here tonight though for 2 weeks ;-)

congrats!! I'm happy that there's some progress..at snail's pace though:D

Hi guys!

I was following this forum but wasn't registered, now I decided to join to share my timeline with you:

Application date: 19/02/16

Visa grant: 02/04/16

The nomination was applied and approved on the same dates as the visa.

Through MA, high-risk country (Brazil), Food technologist, applied onshore. Medicals were done before the visa was applied (as I was in a student visa before). No further information was requested after the application.

Just a curious thing I'd like to share is that the company asked for priority processing allocation and the MA tried to get it, but DIBP refused and advised that they are only granting priority processing under exceptional circumstances due to the backlog of applications they are currently experiencing.

Anyway, I'm so happy!!!

Congrats Marie it seems they are granting visa as per time lime , 4-6 weeks .. You got it in 6 weeks 1 day ..

Archived