House Rental - 100 point ID check

North to South

It's a point based system to prove your identity so each applicant has to provide documents from Primary List to get 70 points & remaining from Secondary List.

It's used for drivers licence, opening bank account, police certificate etc.

example: http://www.transport.nsw.gov.au/content/100-point-check-proving-your-identity

Aussie Girl Bay

Load of rubbish for ourselves. We had everything ready including QLD driving licence, contract of employment including wage etc etc. didn't take even one of them into account, we just became friendly with the agent, saw a property we liked and she put our expression at the top of the pile. We were one of a few interested in the property as it is well presented mid 90's eot house/unit (as they are known here), Central Ascot.

Best of luck with your search and do be open minded when looking, houses can be very different in Aus, being in QLD, some houses are little more than sheds!

S

Load of rubbish for ourselves. We had everything ready including QLD driving licence, contract of employment including wage etc etc. didn't take even one of them into account, we just became friendly with the agent, saw a property we liked and she put our expression at the top of the pile. We were one of a few interested in the property as it is well presented mid 90's eot house/unit (as they are known here), Central Ascot.

Best of luck with your search and do be open minded when looking, houses can be very different in Aus, being in QLD, some houses are little more than sheds!

S[/QUOT

that's unusual and foolhardy of the agent unless you pay in advance. I'm sure the owners wouldn't be too happy approving tenants just because they became friendly. They would have almost certainly looked at the docs.

In SA they wanted all the forms and Id they also checked all our references. It is a really nice house though. Suspect they would be less fussy for some we looked at. Even the agent was embarrassed at one. They wanted 700 a week for it in North Adelaide and it was dire. She said the landlord had just bought it from overseas and needed the income. My guess is it went for a house share to young people starting out.

A lesson to alsYs view as pictures can be old.

In SA they wanted all the forms and Id they also checked all our references. It is a really nice house though. Suspect they would be less fussy for some we looked at. Even the agent was embarrassed at one. They wanted 700 a week for it in North Adelaide and it was dire. She said the landlord had just bought it from overseas and needed the income. My guess is it went for a house share to young people starting out.

A lesson to alsYs view as pictures can be old.

Agreed - we saw some properties that looked fab online. When we got there, it was a very different story.

Went to view a house the other day that looked like it needed some work. What the pictures didn't show was all the holes in the wall - it looked like someone had let off a rocket launcher!!!

I would never recommend getting a rental (or buy) without seeing it first!!

And now I think about it, all the agents we saw when we were looking to rent said about the 100 point check. If I was a landlord, I'd be very unhappy if procedures weren't followed.

The agent we used has a very long relationship with the landlord, overseeing all 4 properties on the block. As mentioned our application was accepted without references, we offered 6 months in advance but was told that would do more harm than good (a lot of criminals including drug addicts try and pay in advance and can leave properties in a huge mess). I'm sure we achieved the 100 points during our final application process.

Regarding agents and property details, yes they can be lousy as the agents here are not governed the same as UK where all the falsifying or 1/2 truths are now not allowed.

S

Archived