190 January Gang arrival and settling reports

eddieb7

Hey Everybody,

I've noticed that since we have all got our grants there have been no more updates.

Just thought I would post a wee message to see how everybody is getting on with their big move.

How are you all?

Who has already made the big move?

Who is still preparing to make the move? How are the preparation going?

Good Luck to you all.

Cheers

Eddie

Hi eddieb7 I think everyone has been organising their moves seeing as we all waiting for such a long time!. Our story so far ... We have managed to rent our house out and moved in with parents all be it a bit cramped lol... Our furniture was collected end of july and we fly out on 15th September to Adelaide. It seems to be all happening fast but hope everything goes smoothly once we get there. We have also opened an bank account in Australia. Hope everyone is getting on well with their plans too. All the best for your new future I wish you all the best:smile:

Thanks for this post. I have been working furiously since I got my grant on May 26. Served 2 months notice at work, booked my flight, applied for jobs and got an interview lined up for next week Friday - I fly out tomorrow headed for Adelaide, put the house on the market and accepted an offer within a week of advertising, very hectic indeed

Hi eddieb7 I think everyone has been organising their moves seeing as we all waiting for such a long time!. Our story so far ... We have managed to rent our house out and moved in with parents all be it a bit cramped lol... Our furniture was collected end of july and we fly out on 15th September to Adelaide. It seems to be all happening fast but hope everything goes smoothly once we get there. We have also opened an bank account in Australia. Hope everyone is getting on well with their plans too. All the best for your new future I wish you all the best[emoji2]

I'm heading out 4 weeks b4 you do. Hope we can meet up when you get to Adelaide

Hi Eddie and the Rest

I am still in my country. Utilizing my leaves.

Done two interviews already via Skype and looks promising.

Was planning to move to Oz in December, but now I think I may have to make an early move.

Sold most of the stuff except my car which I think will go up for sales sometimes next month.

Cheers

@tigerfeet - Great to see everything is going smoothly for you, after the rough ride through the application process. Fingers crossed that everything keeps going smoothly for you and you settle and have a wonderful life in Adelaide.

@Gidza - Wow....Selling your house in the first week of being on the market in this day and age is absolutely fantastic. Good luck with your interview and your life in Adelaide.

@thomas - Good luck with the interviews you've had and hopefully you sill get one of them. It will certainly help you settle quicker when you get over to Oz in December.

Good to know that everything is progressing well for everybody. Hope it continue to go smoothly for everybody, in this new chapter of our lives.

We have just put our home up for sale (so fingers crossed we get a quick sale). We have managed to secure our little boy a place in Kinder for January, so that puts the pressure on us to get there for then. We are in the process of arranging the shipping, so that when our home is sold we can get our stuff shipped over quickly. So all taking time to happen, but at least most of it is now in our control.

Good Luck everybody!! Please keep this thread alive, by posting updates to see how we are all going. It will help proved inspiration to the rest, if anybody is finding thing difficult.

Cheers All

Eddie

Hi guys

glad to see everyone here making progress.

We have rented out our houses and moved in with my parents, I have secured a job and had 3 telephone interviews. Waiting on a start date now. I have three months notice at work so slammed in a load of swaps and looking to get away end of September.

Going to Brisbane then possibly renting on the Gold Coast.

Our dogs and my girlfriend are flying out to meet me the end of November.

Things have moved so fast since the visa has been granted.

A tip tip for getting interviews is maybe using a friends address then explain your situation if you get an interview scheduled.

All the best

ollie

For Interview tips and references

Follow the link below

http://www.sponsoredjobsinaustralia.com/

PM me I will send you all the documents, I have the paid copy.

Hi guys

glad to see everyone here making progress.

We have rented out our houses and moved in with my parents, I have secured a job and had 3 telephone interviews. Waiting on a start date now. I have three months notice at work so slammed in a load of swaps and looking to get away end of September.

Going to Brisbane then possibly renting on the Gold Coast.

Our dogs and my girlfriend are flying out to meet me the end of November.

Things have moved so fast since the visa has been granted.

A tip tip for getting interviews is maybe using a friends address then explain your situation if you get an interview scheduled.

All the best

ollie

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

Just wondering.... Does anybody know how long do you need to stay in Oz to validate your 190 Visa? Is there a minimum stay requirement?

We are planning on moving over in the first week of January (as long as everything goes to plan). I am just preparing myself for the possibility of not being able to sell our house prior to validating our Visa's. If that is the case we will fly over in January to validate our Visa's, my wife and kids will stay in Australia with her brother and I will come home until the house is sold.

Cheers

Eddie

Hey Guys,

Just wondering.... Does anybody know how long do you need to stay in Oz to validate your 190 Visa?

We are planning on moving over in the first week of January (as long as everything goes to plan). I am just preparing myself for the possibility of not being able to sell our house prior to validating our Visa's. If that is the case we will fly over in January to validate our Visa's, my wife and kids will stay in Australia with her brother and I will come home until the house is sold.

Cheers

Eddie

Dont' think there is a period to stay, just as long as you validate - in - out - should be sufficient.

I would suggest you register your arrival as well especially if your family is staying behind

Dont' think there is a period to stay, just as long as you validate - in - out - should be sufficient.

I would suggest you register your arrival as well especially if your family is staying behind

Thanks for you response Gidza. That's what I thought and hoped for, but just wanted to hear from somebody else.

Fingers crossed we get the house sold, and its not something we need to worry about.

What to do you mean about "Registering" my arrival? Contacting Victoria State Sponsor?

Thanks for you response Gidza. That's what I thought and hoped for, but just wanted to hear from somebody else.

Fingers crossed we get the house sold, and its not something we need to worry about.

What to do you mean about "Registering" my arrival? Contacting Victoria State Sponsor?

Dont know if its the same but with SA you have to register on their website your arrival and then they will send you short surveys every three months for 2 years. Guess its a way to check how you are getting on as well as checking you are still in the state for the required 2 years

Hi Torrentkid

I have done two interviews already via skype. Employers in Oz understand if you are outside Australia. First they will email you and then ask for interview prefrence, so I went with skype.

seek.co.au is a good site. Personally register yourself and upload your cv. If you want a start up job close to $21ph, then alter your cv to suit the jobs and then start looking for work in your own field.

In my case, I have already registered with Smart Teachers due to my Mathematics and Physics background. Just awaiting for the result of my final interview before I go ahead with the teacher registration process.

Finding work in Remote areas is a plus coz they can provide accomodation.

Cheers guys

• 2 months later...

Hey Everybody,

How are things going for you guys?

Has everybody now made the Big Move to Oz?

We have finally managed to sell our house, and will be looking to book our (one way :jiggy:) flights for the first week in January. One full year since applying.

Anyways, I hope you are all being successful in your move, and are enjoying your new lives in Oz.

Cheers

Eddie

Hey Everybody,

How are things going for you guys?

Has everybody now made the Big Move to Oz?

We have finally managed to sell our house, and will be looking to book our (one way :jiggy:) flights for the first week in January. One full year since applying.

Anyways, I hope you are all being successful in your move, and are enjoying your new lives in Oz.

Cheers

Eddie

Hi Eddie,

our house is sold too, flight booked for the 16th of January!! :)

First 10 days in / around Perth while cats are in quarantine, then flight to Adelaide.

Where are you going to?

Gr

Chris

Hi guys, hard to believe it's almost a year! We're here, in Adelaide. Almost two weeks. But we made it. Still finding our feet. Good luck with your journey.:-) x

Hi Wen,

you wasted no time! What's your first impression of Adelaide?

Did you have to show any papers (visa or so?) at airport security?

What area are you living in now? We have a studio for our first month near Blackwood...

Gr

Chris

Hi Wen,

you wasted no time! What's your first impression of Adelaide?

Did you have to show any papers (visa or so?) at airport security?

What area are you living in now? We have a studio for our first month near Blackwood...

Gr

Chris

Hey Chris, only really showed visa stuff at Heathrow. Especially to get extra baggage allowance. We stopped off at Singapore for a few days restbite. That was fab. Not cheap by any means but well worth it. Especially Sentosa Universal Studios Transformers ride. Awesome!

We got the express route at customs too. We'll chuffed as queue was very very long.

We're staying in a Seaford Rise in a lovely rental. Can see the sea and sunset from.the kitchen window. Moana Beach is just down the road. The new trainline goes to Seaford. We've used it a couple of times and it's excellent.

Very happy we chose Adelaide. You'll love it.

Still can't believe we're here. It was so stressful in the run up but worth it so far.

The weather is changeable but fabulous. We were at the beach yesterday in 30 + degrees and then we drove north to car hunt in the rain and 22 odd degrees.

Go on Poms in Adelaide. Lots of very friendly folk on there too. ;-)

Hey Chris, only really showed visa stuff at Heathrow. Especially to get extra baggage allowance. We stopped off at Singapore for a few days restbite. That was fab. Not cheap by any means but well worth it. Especially Sentosa Universal Studios Transformers ride. Awesome!

We got the express route at customs too. We'll chuffed as queue was very very long.

We're staying in a Seaford Rise in a lovely rental. Can see the sea and sunset from.the kitchen window. Moana Beach is just down the road. The new trainline goes to Seaford. We've used it a couple of times and it's excellent.

Very happy we chose Adelaide. You'll love it.

Still can't believe we're here. It was so stressful in the run up but worth it so far.

The weather is changeable but fabulous. We were at the beach yesterday in 30 + degrees and then we drove north to car hunt in the rain and 22 odd degrees.

Go on Poms in Adelaide. Lots of very friendly folk on there too. ;-)

Nice to hear!

What did you do to get to use the customs express route? Seems like a very nice advantage after such a flight!

Will keep you posted once we arrived and settled a bit!

Enjoy!

Hi Eddie,

our house is sold too, flight booked for the 16th of January!! :)

First 10 days in / around Perth while cats are in quarantine, then flight to Adelaide.

Where are you going to?

Gr

Chris

Hi Chris,

We are moving to Melbourne. Got family there, so they will hopefully help the kids settle quickly.

Good luck for January, and hope you ad the cats have a fantastic life in Adelaide.

Cheers

Eddie

Hi guys, hard to believe it's almost a year! We're here, in Adelaide. Almost two weeks. But we made it. Still finding our feet. Good luck with your journey.:-) x

Hi Wen,

Great to hear that you have managed to make the move over already. I'm sure you will find your feet pretty quickly.

All the best in your new life in Adelaide.

:cool:

Loved reading these posts!

Hi @Wen66, my husband and I will be moving to Adelaide in March. It's taken is nearly 2 years to get out visa but we finally have it!

I have a question about baggage allowance. I guess you flew with Singapore airlines. What was their policy with a 1 way migration journey? Did you have to tell them at time of booking and what did they allow per person?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Hi everyone we have been in adelaide for 9 weeks now and are living in Glenelg. So far everything has gone smoothly with getting a job and the kids are fitting well in school. Hope are future continues to go well here its best move we've ever made....loving it! Good luck to everyone for their future too

Loved reading these posts!

Hi @Wen66, my husband and I will be moving to Adelaide in March. It's taken is nearly 2 years to get out visa but we finally have it!

I have a question about baggage allowance. I guess you flew with Singapore airlines. What was their policy with a 1 way migration journey? Did you have to tell them at time of booking and what did they allow per person?

Thanks for your help in advance!

When you check in just telk them you are migrating and they will allow you the 10kg extra. When we booked our tickets we were advised of the extra 10 but the guy at vhe king in wasn't aware so he ckecked with his manager and it was confirmed. Just have your visa grant letter ready to show them

Archived