Form 80, previously worked as cabin crew help?

Sahew18

Hi,

My wife worked as cabin crew for 2 years and visited long and short haul destinations several times a week.

We have lodged 189 Oct 1st and would like to fill form 80 out now incase they ask for it. Does anyone know if there is any special information you need to provide if you don't know the dates of each country visited? Her passport has not been stamped on most trips so not able to get individual dates.

Thanks

My recommendation is always to make a good concerted effort to find accurate information. I'd put a request to the employer for records. If they can't provide that, then check back through her own documentation to put together as much reasonable detail as she can. If she needs to simply include a statement that between 2007 and 2009 she was employed as cabin crew and visited "the following ## countries as per the assignments she was given", and include as many estimated dates as possible, etc. She should probably also specify that she wasn't in any country more than ## days (hopefully a low enough number to avoid requests for police checks). Hopefully that would be sufficient.

I wasn't cabin crew but I had travelled frequently throughout Europe with my job. I just put in everything as per the stamps that I did have in my passports and also included a note along the lines of "and various other countries, dates unknown, as no entry / exit stamp required".

Never had any questions asked.

Maybe your OH can do the same but add "as was cabin crew, so I never officially entered the country"?

I had to fill in a list of travel to foreign countries. I made my one list as the five boxes on the form were insufficient. I listed all the trips I could with exact dates - mostly from passport stamps - and approximations (month/year) for others. I also added a note that I had made frequent visits to Ireland, France and Belgium for which I did not have dates available. This was accepted. I think they are only really interested in the kind of places that stamp passports.

This will not be uncommon. Living in Northern Ireland, for example, you nip over the border to get petrol without a second thought.

Archived