Renewing a UK passport in OZ

mummysboys

Hello everyone,

Just a quick question, my husbands uk passport has expired and he needs a new one, as his employers are in the process of starting our PR. Could anyone tell us how we go about getting a new one, we are in Sydney

Thanks in advance

Mummysboys :wink:

How long does it take?

Don't believe what they say on their internet page.... Two friends, two different scenarios.... same outcome. One friend is trying to renew British passport and does not have citizenship yet... still waiting 3 months later. Other friend has citizenship so had to forward Australian passport with the British passport renewal.... 5 months later still has not received renewed Brit passport or her Australian one returned!!! If you email with a query it takes weeks to get a reply. If you ring you sit in a queue for ages and then get told to email as they can't help over the phone! Absolutely diabolical non-service. Heaps of articles on the internet about how badly the whole changeover has been orchestrated by the Home Office.

Don't be alarmed. Slightly different I know but I went to the Post Office on Friday at 16.30 and sent my application off with my old passport which expired 11 years ago :laugh: and got the new one by secure delivery on the following Wednesday. There was even a name change as well since hubs and I formalised our union :laugh:. Passport Office are moving a lot quicker nowadays.

Archived