Partners conviction from 1993 - new rules regarding drug convictions/offences??

kmrg

Hi

I think I read on here a while ago that there have been some changes regarding whether those with drugs convictions are granted visa's? Does anyone have the link to the most up to date information?

The issue I have is that my husband has a conviction for possession of Cannabis with intent to supply (small amount he and a friend were caught with) he was given a fine, this was back in 1992 or 1993.

We have both been granted entry to Australia previously he was granted a 457 visa back in 2007, therefore I thought that there were not be an issue when we apply together this time round.

However if there have been changes to the rules do you think it is possible that we could be declined when applying for 189 visa next year? I will be the main applicant and have no cautions or convictions.

I don't want to get the whole way through the process and then be declined at the last hurdle?

Thanks,

Hi

I think I read on here a while ago that there have been some changes regarding whether those with drugs convictions are granted visa's? Does anyone have the link to the most up to date information?

The issue I have is that my husband has a conviction for possession of Cannabis with intent to supply (small amount he and a friend were caught with) he was given a fine, this was back in 1992 or 1993.

We have both been granted entry to Australia previously he was granted a 457 visa back in 2007, therefore I thought that there were not be an issue when we apply together this time round.

However if there have been changes to the rules do you think it is possible that we could be declined when applying for 189 visa next year? I will be the main applicant and have no cautions or convictions.

I don't want to get the whole way through the process and then be declined at the last hurdle?

Thanks,

When he arrived in Australia on the 457 did he admit this offence on his landing card and in the 457 application? I'd defiantly speak with a migration agent .

Archived