Yankee Candles- can they come?!?

Dreamy Fish

You can't post them to Aus, I know that. They are on the prohibited list

http://www.royalmail.com/australia

I think they are fine to ship in a container, just be aware the risk is of them melting and becoming mishapen during shipping. I'd perhaps not buy anymore and wait till you arrive as you can get them here too :)

ETA - I think you'd have to declare beeswax ones.

It is beeswax candles you can't bring but to be on the safe side we didn't bring any - the risk you face is 'candles' on your inventory could result in your container being pulled by AQUIS for inspection to investigate. This increases the time until you get it and they may find other things they don't like - a spec of muck on a bike or shoes or something or a wooden decoration they don't like - they will then charge you to either fumigate or destroy the item under question.

Obviously if everything is above board there is no additional cost for the inspection and some containers will be inspected randomly anyway, it's the luck of the draw.

I'm nuts about candles too...but like Lady R says although they may be allowed, I wouldn't risk it.

You can get them here but personally although I bought them while in the UK, I've found just as good different makes here.

plenty of dedicated candle shops, candle parties etc.

Most of the department type stores, ie Myers, jones, target, Kmart always have candles on sale

Guest The Pom Queen

You can bring them but like has been mentioned they will probably melt in the container so you would need to store them in a seal tight box, probably plastic as well.

You can buy Yankee candles here. I love them as well.

Bring them mate ...I have so many regrets of the things I should and could have fetched .......even the (picfords ) guys were saying and wrapping my spices and camping knifes , baseball bats ........at the other end they got me on muddy golf shoes ......$50 big wow ....bring everything pal ........I also have weather cones around my house .......tells when its going to rain which is never ..........

We brought candles as we always have lots, scented and plain. They all arrived fine, even the dinner candles were still straight, no melting at all.

We we did declare but that box was never inspected, just the vacuum, shoes and sports equipment.

i wouldn't go mad and buy more though they are available here as are other brands.

Archived