Is the 'Pacific Solution' unravelling?

Harpodom

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, let's throw the question to the floor...

How much did you pay to get here?

From memory, I paid about 3k for visas direct to DIAC. 2k for skills assessment. 5k for flights. another 10k for a car. probably another 10k for setting up a house.

Not quite 25k per head, but still a significant amount. And the amount paid by the Australian govt for my being here? nil.

If I tries to bring a relative over here, they'd pay about the same. That's the reality. Search the forum posts if you don't believe me.

Why is this bull ?

Why is this bull ?

Do I really need to explain? Yes I do.

Xenon is comparing setting up costs (visa, flights, car, house etc) with the $25,000 PER ASYLUM SEEKER, just to be allowed to set foot in the country.

He's being disingenuous, not comparing like with like, but that's par for the course with your lot, throwing up straw man arguments

I don't know why the leftie media keep publishing all these horrible stories about life in the detention camps. They are just doing Morrison's job for him and saving money for the govt. Who would want to pay a smuggler for passage to OzParadise after seeing the reality of it all?!

I don't know why the leftie media keep publishing all these horrible stories about life in the detention camps. They are just doing Morrison's job for him and saving money for the govt. Who would want to pay a smuggler for passage to OzParadise after seeing the reality of it all?!

brain fart

.......I do think until more personal stories are printed.....

.......many will not grasp the shear desperation of these people....

.......statistics are just numbers......

.......real experiences touch our hearts......

........and hopefully more will be done to help.......

Do I really need to explain? Yes I do.

Xenon is comparing setting up costs (visa, flights, car, house etc) with the $25,000 PER ASYLUM SEEKER, just to be allowed to set foot in the country.

He's being disingenuous, not comparing like with like, but that's par for the course with your lot, throwing up straw man arguments

From memory we paid around $75,000 fro our visas, including $14,000 AOS paid for by my son, and we are no burden to the Aussie taxpayer, in fact we contribute to the ATO with the tax we pay on our UK pensions.

Mike

From memory we paid around $75,000 fro our visas, including $14,000 AOS paid for by my son, and we are no burden to the Aussie taxpayer, in fact we contribute to the ATO with the tax we pay on our UK pensions.

Mike

assuming what you are saying is the truth, do you think it is acceptable to expect $25,000 per head to allow asylum seekers to enter Australia?

Better than letting them cone for nothing tho I'd prefer they don't cone at all.

Incidentally, if people with no money and no assets are such a benefit to Australia, why does the Govt charge so much and make it so difficult for genuine migrants to come here?

Wouldn't it be better to just let everybody in free regardless of where they are from?

assuming what you are saying is the truth, do you think it is acceptable to expect $25,000 per head to allow asylum seekers to enter Australia?

Personally, I don't think it's acceptable.

But I'm not an asylum seeker. Maybe you should ask them if they'd be prepared to pay. You might be surprised at the answer.

And just to go back to the costs that most of us have paid, which you claim is "bull". How much do you think it would cost, per annum, to set up an asylum seeker family to enable them to live on the mainland? As much as my "bull" figure? Or more?

Personally, I don't think it's acceptable.

But I'm not an asylum seeker. Maybe you should ask them if they'd be prepared to pay. You might be surprised at the answer.

And just to go back to the costs that most of us have paid, which you claim is "bull". How much do you think it would cost, per annum, to set up an asylum seeker family to enable them to live on the mainland? As much as my "bull" figure? Or more?

How much is it costing to keep them where they are? With absolutely no chance of them 'putting back in' to the economy/community?

Too much, but I think we have saved about $1B by stopping the boats, compared to amount spent managing Asylum Seekers under Labor.

Considering the cost of offshore detention and Operation Sovereign Borders comes to about $4B, that's not exactly value for money is it?

Unless you value unspeakable cruelty to desperate people as 'PRICELESS' as per the Mastercard Ads?

Would like to know how much some of them paid their people smugglers to get on their dodgy boats to come here.

Pity some people on here weren't so critical of the past government as they had nearly 2000 children in detention centres, since the election and the boats have been stopped no more children have been added to this figure I believe its now around the 900 mark.

Under leftie proposals Taliban and ISIL and any other terrorist organisations would be welcome in Australia provided they answer just one question. Are you an asylum seeker? Answer yes. Welcome to Australia.

PS if you think the above is BS remember that the left say it is not a crime to seek asylum and it is not a crime to throw your ID away SO what would the correct response be to a boat load of ISIL or TALIBAN?

duckspeak

Harpodom having just skim read some of this topic I have a few questions.

1 do you accept that any if not a majority of these people are economic migrants?

2 what is your answer to separating real asylum seekers from economic migrants?

You won't get answers only to blame current government

Archived