So where do we go from here?

starlight7

The Labour party- hopeless mess, shonky as

Liberal Party- same and dishonest to boot

Palmer United- hahaha

Greens- forget it, bunch of d@@@heads

So what do we vote for, who is there for us, the average person who has worked hard, saved, bought houses, paid loads of tax etc ?? I want to know.

Has it ever been any different.:laugh:

Precisely P1P, so don't bother worrying about it Starlight7. Ultimately the people don't have real control anyway so I prefer to just get on with living ! I too have worked hard, saved, bought houses, paid loads of tax etc but I won't be on my death bed wishing I spent more time worrying about who is there for me....rather think about who I can be there for.

The Labour party- hopeless mess, shonky as

Liberal Party- same and dishonest to boot

Palmer United- hahaha

Greens- forget it, bunch of d@@@heads

So what do we vote for, who is there for us, the average person who has worked hard, saved, bought houses, paid loads of tax etc ?? I want to know.

You could start your own political party. You've clearly got a talent for communication.

Care to outline your manifesto?

Guess the danger is people turn to extremes like the UKIP (at east it sounds extreme to me, nasty undertones of racism, xenophobia etc). So we just put up and shut up it seems. Alternate votes between one or other two major parties and feed into the media preferences or ' dish of the day'

Guess the danger is people turn to extremes like the UKIP (at east it sounds extreme to me, nasty undertones of racism, xenophobia etc). So we just put up and shut up it seems. Alternate votes between one or other two major parties and feed into the media preferences or ' dish of the day'

Why is it only English ' nationalist ' parties that are 'racist. '

the Scottish national party . It's own people it's priority , no claims of racism by anyone else .

As for Australian politics , it needs a party that will represent the normal working person. I was chatting to some one yesterday about wages . I worked out that some one earning $42000 with one child and the rent subsidy , child benefit , nursery discount,medical discounts and tax bill is as well off as some one earning $80,000 after all those considerations. That seems crazy to me and is no incentive for people to take a step up the ladder .

not sure if or who I would vote for when Im able to . I've chatted to a liberal politician and was gob smacked by their stupidity and hypocrisy . Can't ever seeing my voting for labour .

Punters will find UKIP has few answers and will likely fall apart due to a clash of ego's and limited policy if ever got into a position to make a change. There was a time when parties actually wanted and worked towards the betterment of society and people. The changes came from the eighties of course with the lack of clarity in difference and the rise corporation influence over politics. The rise of spin, lies and deceit has fractured the populist belief in politics as a measure or with the ability to return to a platform where people feel they matter.

the Scottish national party . It's own people it's priority , no claims of racism by anyone else .

As for Australian politics , it needs a party that will represent the normal working person. I was chatting to some one yesterday about wages . I worked out that some one earning $42000 with one child and the rent subsidy , child benefit , nursery discount,medical discounts and tax bill is as well off as some one earning $80,000 after all those considerations. That seems crazy to me and is no incentive for people to take a step up the ladder .

not sure if or who I would vote for when Im able to . I've chatted to a liberal politician and was gob smacked by their stupidity and hypocrisy . Can't ever seeing my voting for labour .

Not everybody has an interest in the greasy pole/ladder of conventional success. I cannot see how someone on $42,000 would be the same as on $80,000. I certainly notice a vast difference from being on low wages in the 90's to more recent times, but don't have benefits for kids which may be over generous in some areas but hardly akin to earning half.

Not everybody has an interest in the greasy pole/ladder of conventional success. I cannot see how someone on $42,000 would be the same as on $80,000. I certainly notice a vast difference from being on low wages in the 90's to more recent times, but don't have benefits for kids which may be over generous in some areas but hardly akin to earning half.

Not necessarily the greasy pole , but most would want better pay to provide an improved lifestyle for their family. A $17,000 tax bill , loss of rent allowance of $100 a week , reduction in child care benefit , extra Medicare and loss of other perks left me about $70 a week better off . Lesson learnt , now a trust fund that splits income with the mrs knocks over 70% off the tax bill , new vehicles in the company name and a few other alterations from the accountant . I don't suppose employed people can benefit like that.

A government tax system should encourage people to do better , educate and upgrade them selves with out overly penalising them .

I disagree. The SNP doesn't care what your nationality is; only that you reside in Scotland and care about what happens in Scotland. There are plenty of groups of all Nationalities, religions, creeds actively participating alongside and affiliated with the SNP.

The "nationalist" associated with the likes of the BNP and other parties of that ilk is an entirely different type of individual.

I disagree. The SNP doesn't care what your nationality is; only that you reside in Scotland and care about what happens in Scotland. There are plenty of groups of all Nationalities, religions, creeds actively participating alongside and affiliated with the SNP.

The "nationalist" associated with the likes of the BNP and other parties of that ilk is an entirely different type of individual.

I wasn't comparing the bnp with the snp , more the way people describe ukip as little englanders , ukip wants to restore power to the uk and the people who live there , where ever they may originate from , religion and so on. Yes , it probably would change the entry rules , but only in line with non EU nationalities. Is the Scottish vote open to all residents of Scotland or is there a time in residence criteria ?i do believe that any party formed to call for English independence would be branded racist by at least a sizeable minority .

Someones got to do the job that's paying $42,000 a year, otherwise we would be complaining about Johnny foreigner taking all those jobs that Aussies aren't willing to do even more. I don't mind people in a tough situation getting help and the people on higher incomes being taxed appropriately to pay for it. Makes a better society for all of us in the end.

Someones got to do the job that's paying $42,000 a year, otherwise we would be complaining about Johnny foreigner taking all those jobs that Aussies aren't willing to do even more. I don't mind people in a tough situation getting help and the people on higher incomes being taxed appropriately to pay for it. Makes a better society for all of us in the end.

I don't think the problem is with the 42k person getting help.....it's more that the 80k person gets none and things are still pretty tight at that level if there is only one income for a family.....

I'm only guessing but have been in a similar situation in the uk and it's pretty tough. The government assume you choose to be a one income family and therefore you must be loaded but this is not always the case

I don't think the problem is with the 42k person getting help.....it's more that the 80k person gets none and things are still pretty tight at that level if there is only one income for a family.....

I'm only guessing but have been in a similar situation in the uk and it's pretty tough. The government assume you choose to be a one income family and therefore you must be loaded but this is not always the case

I'm sure no-one chooses to be a one income family and I think not enough thought goes into "can we afford to have kids"? People just assume that somehow you get by and things carry on as normal. Kids and quitting work are expensive. We have two and I would have easily settled for one, it's a struggle that most people get through but some don't. The extra pressure that kids can bring is sometimes swept under the table.

I'm sure the government don't assume that people who choose to have kids and be a single income family are all loaded bit it's not the tax payers job to pay for everyone elses kids.

I'm sure no-one chooses to be a one income family and I think not enough thought goes into "can we afford to have kids"? People just assume that somehow you get by and things carry on as normal. Kids and quitting work are expensive. We have two and I would have easily settled for one, it's a struggle that most people get through but some don't. The extra pressure that kids can bring is sometimes swept under the table.

I'm sure the government don't assume that people who choose to have kids and be a single income family are all loaded bit it's not the tax payers job to pay for everyone elses kids.

well the uk government assume exactly that. I specifically remember a politician saying that most single income families are higher end earners and choose to have one income. I think it was when they were scrapping the child benefit for higher earners. They did assume and they were wrong.

Just thinking- is there a nationalist party here in Australia? I don't think there is unless you count Palmer. Nothing like UKIP anyway.

There is the National Party but now part of the LNP - Liberal National Party . Use to be that the Nationals looked after those living in more rural areas but not any more.

Palmer is "interesting" but his association with mining makes me not trust him, and that he is really in it for self interest

Only thing with Palmer is he knows how to make money which is more than you can say for many of the others. How's about that gruesome 'female' senator from Tassie though- what an embarrassment?
Pauline Hanson reincarnated LOL What about the Motor Enthusiast chap ? Gee and these are the people trusted to help run the country.

Your right about Palmer though he does know how to make monty thats why I said he is interesting and at least he seems to have some compassion for the less fortunate, which cant be said for Abbott or Hockey.

Victoria will be having an election before the end of the year, that will be a good indication as to what people think of Abbott and Hockey as even though it is a state elections they are often influenced by what is going on in Canberra.

Archived