Hello Oz, Goodbye Uk: Thanks PIO

Austrial

Guest The Pom Queen

That's great news, have a wonderful journey. Please stay on the forum and let us know how you are going in your new life.

I have reached Darwin and am 2 days old!! The weather is glorious (not too warm and certainly not humid...although I know the wet season is just round the corner); the people are very friendly and approachable; the restaurants (and shopping) are pretty expensive; the traffic is relatively light and it is a pleasure to drive here.

All in all, I'm lovin' it...not McD..just D!! :laugh:

Lovely to hear you have arrived safely and things appear to be going well. Hope things carry on that way. We dont get a lot of info on Darwin on this site so it would be lovely if you could keep nipping back and provide an update! Good Luck!

Thanks Lucharmily. Times passes so quickly. It seems like it was only a couple of weeks ago you were off to see the Wiggles; when you later provided some helpful posts about Darwin. Hopefully, as I get to know Darwin better, I could post a few helpful posts too, so that future DarWINNERS can benefit too.

Now, off to have a bite and then zzzz...before wakey wakey and another wonderful day!! Hope this enthusiasm doesn't wear off too soon, but hey, it is bound to when the newness wears off :(

Lovely to hear you have arrived safely and things appear to be going well. Hope things carry on that way. We dont get a lot of info on Darwin on this site so it would be lovely if you could keep nipping back and provide an update! Good Luck!

Thanks Jac2011. I intend to put some posts based on my experiences in Darwin, although I am a novice here.

Thanks Jac2011. I intend to put some posts based on my experiences in Darwin, although I am a novice here.

@Austrial

G'day mate, a half day trip to Howard Springs is good. Go to a fishing tackle shop, buy a small pkt frozen pillies (about 12 in the pkt), allow them to thaw out and cut one up into about 5 pieces. At Howard Springs, chuck a couple of pieces in the water, then the rest of the pieces. As the fish come up, so will a barra, or two. Throw in a full pillie and watch the big girlies!! Then throw them in one at a time.

My son hand feeding one of the barra, t'other side of the Springs.

Picture595.jpg

Cheers, Bobj.

PS...See why the 'four poster' mossie net wouldn't work??:laugh:

Thanks Lucharmily. Times passes so quickly. It seems like it was only a couple of weeks ago you were off to see the Wiggles; when you later provided some helpful posts about Darwin. Hopefully, as I get to know Darwin better, I could post a few helpful posts too, so that future DarWINNERS can benefit too.

Now, off to have a bite and then zzzz...before wakey wakey and another wonderful day!! Hope this enthusiasm doesn't wear off too soon, but hey, it is bound to when the newness wears off :(

We've seen Peppa Pig since then too!

Thanks Bob. If I only feed a barra (rather than feed on a barra or go fishing :smile:) would I still need a licence?

No licence needed to fish in the Territory...Just NO FISHING at Howard Springs, and Berry Springs; both are Darwin Water and both are tourist attractions.

The Palmerston golly course has a number of pools that hold barra. My biggest from one of those pools was 84 cm. But again, they are closed to all fishing. Hush, don't tell anyone.

Cheers, Bobj.

Go there and don't come back like i did!

Hi Jase, thanks for your wishes and advice. Did you not like it in Darwin or did you have to leave because of personal reasons?

If i continue to feel how I'm feeling about Darwin now, I'm unlikely to leave for some time; but time changes our circumstances and our preferences, so I never say never.

No licence needed to fish in the Territory...Just NO FISHING at Howard Springs, and Berry Springs; both are Darwin Water and both are tourist attractions.

The Palmerston golly course has a number of pools that hold barra. My biggest from one of those pools was 84 cm. But again, they are closed to all fishing. Hush, don't tell anyone.

Cheers, Bobj.[/quote

I won't tell a soul and neither will the other hundred(s) of PIO members and 710 guests! Bob, did you catch a barra (nearly got into an awkward one due to auto correct while typing barra) or a baby shark?;)

Cheers, Bobj.[/quote

I won't tell a soul and neither will the other hundred(s) of PIO members and 710 guests! Bob, did you catch a barra (nearly got into an awkward one due to auto correct while typing barra) or a baby shark?;)

doh.gif Forgot about the other "dear" readers...wallbash.gif

Yup, a barra at night and just 2 cm smaller than the one my son caught.

BTW, the barra were returned safely.

Cheers, Bobj.

Archived