Hi from Us Newbies

DVHM14

Just a quick hello :0)

We are currently from Northamptonshire and applying for Visa 489 (as unfortunately couldn't get enough points for 189 - IELTS was a bit of a nightmare!!)

We are hoping to move to Dunsborough - South of Perth to be near Family.

Hope your all Good

Vicky & Drew

Hi Melza :)

Well Not really sure how soon the visa's take as we are kind of just progressing step by step through our agent!! We are up to the point of waiting for the Vestassess Skills Technical Interview date to come through. So not off anywhere just yet! Ideally i would love to be there by January as our Little Boy will be able to start school at the start of term with everyone else, but to be honest i am not sure if this is a realistic timeline or not!!

Hi and welcome. Not sure about 489's but we got our 190 in April. It took that long after positive skills assessment in July 2013. Look at my time line which shows our journey. We fly out to adelaide next Sunday and are currently living with cardboard box furniture lol. Good luck on your journey. We're in Corby Northants by the way.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Vicky & Drew,

Sounds like you are in the same position as us. My husband and I are applying for a 489 Visa too and are hoping to go to Queensland (he found the IELTS a nightmare too!). We are at the start of the process currently drafting employment statements which I am finding hard work!! My husband is a builder and is applying to have his skills assessed as a Bricklayer (which his qualification is in). Although we are right at the beginning of the process I already feel so stressed about it and feel that it is going to take forever!!

We are also going through an agent. I have no idea how long this will all take - we are thinking we will make it to Australia by Christmas 2015 - am I being pessimistic with this? I hope that we can get there earlier than that! Feeling like the dream is so far away right now! (sorry up late last night typing statements - I am excited about it all really!!)

Nikki :ssign7:

Hi everybody

Leaving the uk 24th sep arrive in brisbane early hours 26th. Heading to maroochydore first then who knows! Very excited slightly nervous lol will all be worth it im sure. Myself and hubby and 2 girls aged 3 and 7

Cant wait, started this a year ago tho everything has been really straight forward through my husbands work so we were lucky. Now the time is nearly here. It really does go very quick!

We are all of us 'newbies!' (or very 'OLDbies' in my case!)

I really MUST go over to Perth as it's coming up to 36 years since I arrived there, and 17 years since I was last there. I seem to recall reading somewhere about the Cottesloe Beach Hotel having been refurbished. I stayed there for two nights on my last visit.

I loved Perth from the moment I set foot in the place and I'm sure I will feel the same way as I did on subsequent visits. I had a very pleasant week staying in Herdsman with my parents.