189 visa lodged August 2014

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? That's not too bad I suppose. Yes waiting certainly is the worst part. I called immigration a few weeks ago and apparently it's not just one case officer that looks at each application. They are passed around a few case officers first.

I am under the impression that there is a person who looks at each part of the visa application. One for qualifications, one checking employment etc. As to how close to the truth that is I am unsure. There are clearly lots of "teams" who are assigned to each invitation. Some people haven't even been notified they've got a case officer but have received a grant so it's a little vague throughout the entire process!

Hi my wife and I lodged our visa in August with the help of an agent, we have our police checks and medical done, but still waiting on a case officer. I think it's been about 7 weeks. We've waited two years to get to this point so a few more weeks won't make much of a difference. Hoping to be out in Melbourne by early jan 2015.

Hi I have an urgent question, I used an immigration agent to lodge my application. I lodged my application on 17th Sept. I came to know today that the reference letter that they have attached is the old one not the one that we have sent to ACS for approval. That is a wrong one. What to do? Shall I upload the correct one now before CO gets assigned?

Please suggest, please help.

Hi!

I applied for a 189 and frontloaded docs on 11th August.

Did anyone else include defacto partners on their application?

I see someone from 28th July got their visa this week - we're next!!

x

Yeah that is awesome. Applicants from the 30th July have also got their visa. next three or four weeks should be us guys!!

Hi!

I applied for a 189 and frontloaded docs on 11th August.

Did anyone else include defacto partners on their application?

I see someone from 28th July got their visa this week - we're next!!

x

I was included as defacto partner and we submitted our application on the 12th of August, still waiting for the grant