189 visa lodged August 2014

Couldn't find one for august 2014, so started one!

Just submitted my Visa application, Gonna wait for a CO before arranging medicals and Police checks though.

I've not front loaded any Documents, as i'm trying to slow the process down a little.

good luck everyone

Edited by GoldcoastMAD

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya martin

we lodged our application at the end of July. We have used a migration agent which has been a massive help so we have already sent off all paperwork which she has then forwarded on to the immi.

Just waiting to hear from a case officer. Our my migration agent has said we could potentially have our visas in 10 weeks depending on how many applications they have to process at the time

The waiting part is the hardest

Willing to help where i can

Dont think it will be too long before you hear from a case officer

xxxx

Hiya martin

we lodged our application at the end of July. We have used a migration agent which has been a massive help so we have already sent off all paperwork which she has then forwarded on to the immi.

Just waiting to hear from a case officer. Our my migration agent has said we could potentially have our visas in 10 weeks depending on how many applications they have to process at the time

The waiting part is the hardest

Willing to help where i can

Dont think it will be too long before you hear from a case officer

xxxx

Hey Keighley,

That's Awesome, thanks for sharing. Do you know if i need to front load any documents or should i just wait for the CO to advise me?

I'm in no rush!

Yeah that's about it, prob best waiting to hear from the case officer :) but as you said it may not all be needed so cud b a waste of time and stress so def worth waiting to see what they ask of you

all you will need after that is to have your medicals and your police certs done xxx

Thanks Keighley, where are heading too?

We are heading to brisbane :) we spent a year over in ause 4 years ago and fell in love with the place and i have relatives and friends there. super excited now

its been a very stressful year and a half but its coming round so fast

wer r u thinking of moving to? xx

cool, Probably Brisbane , or Adelaide...depends on work!

189 Invitation received yesterday (10/08/14), application lodged and fee paid today (11/8/14) and I've attached documents in support of my application (payslips, bank statements etc) but I've reached the 'maximum number of attachments allowed', I've mistakenly uploaded a couple of duplicates but I can't find anywhere to remove any items or change them, anyone else experienced this?

cheers

Edited by marsh942

189 Invitation received yesterday (10/08/14), application lodged and fee paid today (11/8/14) and I've attached documents in support of my application (payslips, bank statements etc) but I've reached the 'maximum number of attachments allowed', I've mistakenly uploaded a couple of duplicates but I can't find anywhere to remove any items or change them, anyone else experienced this?

cheers

I got my invitation on 10th August. Now I want to apply for the visa. So can anyone please tell me

1)what are the forms I need to fill?

2) What are the docs I need to submit?

3) If I get my PCC before submitting the application, will it be a matter?

I got my invitation on 10th August. Now I want to apply for the visa. So can anyone please tell me

1)what are the forms I need to fill?

2) What are the docs I need to submit?

3) If I get my PCC before submitting the application, will it be a matter?

you have to fill in 17 pages for the Visa application, which you should now have an option for in the skills select site. I don't think you need any documents to start with , they will be requested by your CO. The earlier you get your PC the earlier you have to activate your visa, by flying out to OZ. 1 year from the sate of PCC..so i think.

it all depends on how quickly you want the proceed to move, once you have filled in the 17 page application, a list of "recommended documents " required are shown

Got my invite yesterday too, pretty happy.

I'm ready to go ahead and apply but this would be with colour scans rather than certified documents. I'd really like to see it written down somewhere than colour scans are acceptable.Anybody got a link for this?

you have to fill in 17 pages for the Visa application, which you should now have an option for in the skills select site. I don't think you need any documents to start with , they will be requested by your CO. The earlier you get your PC the earlier you have to activate your visa, by flying out to OZ. 1 year from the sate of PCC..so i think.

it all depends on how quickly you want the proceed to move, once you have filled in the 17 page application, a list of "recommended documents " required are shown

A zillion thanks to you. Please tell me what documents I need to submit for the employment? That is the most vital thing for me. I am a divorcee so do I need to submit my marriage certificate and divorce certificate in advance?

Well submitted my application today, made a stupid mistake by uploading an incorrect reference letter a previous employer sent to me so hoping that wont come back to bite me.

Thanks to all the people on here who have offered advice etc so much great information on this forum. Now here's to sitting and waiting!

Hi There,

I stayed in Canada for a few years. But for the year 2010 they reassessed my tax and claimed that I have to pay $4000 more. It happened in this year March. My previous employer TCS has already filed an objection with help of Deloitte against Canada tax. The whole thing is still going on.

So is there any chance that it can impact my visa application for Australia?

Edited by godisgreat4all

Thanks, and yourself.

I'm already in Oz so it's not a big rush as on a 457 already but just want the security as it's not as frantic with work anymore.

The big focus is to get the visa and then we can get on with trying for kids and know there's no visa complications in the future for the baby

Hi all,

We lodged our visa on the 12th of August, we will get the PCCs tomorrow and have the medicals booked for Thursday (21st of August). I've checked in other forums also and it seems that there are people who lodged their visas in May and are still waiting for grant, so it might be more than 10 weeks.

Good luck to all of you!