189 visa lodged in july 2014

Thanks Kam

I applied for the occupation 261111 - ICT Business Analyst - and I had 65 points at the moment.

If that helps I scored an overall 7 (for 189 visa purpose) in IELTS (7 speaking, 7.5 reading, 7.5 writing, 8 listening) sometime in June 2014.

That is great, I had similar IELTS as well :)

but my occupation is engineering and waiting for visa now.

just wondering, was you informed that you have the case officer? and did you get in contact with him?

Anyways, congrats and good luck to u :)

Edited by Kam

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is great, I had similar IELTS as well :)

but my occupation is engineering and waiting for visa now.

Anyways, congrats and good luck to u :)

In my case I haven't had any previous contact from them after the docs were uploaded. On the 6th October the immi account was still showing my case was 'in process' and the next day in the morning [bOOM] an email came in saying my case is all good and the visa has been granted. Oh, so does my parter's visa.

If all docs and processes are on the right track, patience is the key. :smile:

Congratulations Daviptch. Isn't it a great feeling when u c that email. I couldn't stop smiling all day. Now my days of waiting have been replaced with days of worrying about selling stuff in the house etc, and organising shipping companies and omg the list is endless!! But it will all b worth it! When and where u heading to?

Congratulations Daviptch. Isn't it a great feeling when u c that email. I couldn't stop smiling all day. Now my days of waiting have been replaced with days of worrying about selling stuff in the house etc, and organising shipping companies and omg the list is endless!! But it will all b worth it! When and where u heading to?

Thanks snaik

Indeed the email coming through my email inbox was a relief and still feeling stunned of happiness by it.

Well, actually I have been in Australia for a little bit more than 4 years. Studied and currently working in here, more specifically in Perth/WA. That's where part of my points came from - study in Australia. I will remain in WA unless there is some job opportunity coming from the other coast. How about you?

Went on a reccie in feb staying with friends in Perth and Brisbane. We absolutely loved Perth but have decided on Brisbane as I felt it had more to offer my kids. I worried about my kids growing up and wanting a night out and having to travel into the city by train as we wouldn't be able to afford to live close to the city!! Also wanted to be able to visit other parts of australia without a 4 1/2 hour plane journey!! Anyway will see what happens when we get there. Planning on going to Goa in December on the way (my husband is from there so will be visiting his family) and then onto Brisbane in January for the start of the school year.

Hi snaik, congrats!!May I ask you what are the documents have you uploaded and was it a coloured originals or certified copy? Did you find any job?? Or stll looking for?? All the best wishes!!

Hi Eagle656, thanks. I uploaded all colour originals, had nothing certified. Uploaded what seemed like hundreds of things at the time!! But essentially was just what they asked for. Passport, birth cert, marriage cert, work reference, photo, skills assessment info. Basically just what was on there list, no more, no less!!

Haven't got a job yet as waiting for nursing registration from AHPRA but this could take forever and will prob end up doing a bridging course so may apply for something completely different!

Congratulations! Just wondering if you front loaded pay slips/p60?

Thanks

I front loaded 10 yrs of P60's and the last few months payslips for this year. Not sure if this was a bit too many but I was claiming points for experience so wanted them to see I'd been with the same employer !

I have just called the DIAC helpline, waited nearly 50 mins to get through!

Even though I lodged visa 15 th July it was only allocated to Adelaide team 23 in mid September. The lady on the other end of the phone said it could take a further 3 months from then (and not date it was lodged) to be processed.

I also asked her about form 80 and she recommended front loading it to save time.

Going back to bed...:wacko: Not a happy bunny. Wanted to be in Oz for Christmas!!!

Good day everyone! I lodged my Visa 189 last 28th of July 2014. As I saw the messages here, many people got granted on the same date I lodged starting last week so I decided to call DIBP yesterday in regards to the status of my application. The one I spoke to over the phone said that my application has already been forwarded to a team in Adelaide. When I asked about how long will I be waiting further to get a CO to email me, she said that it takes time and I should just follow-up again after exactly 3 months from lodging. I hope a CO contacts me soon as I have been offered a job in Melbourne to commence on the 1st week of November and the only thing holding me back is that so-called "golden ticket."

Good day everyone! I lodged my Visa 189 last 28th of July 2014. As I saw the messages here, many people got granted on the same date I lodged starting last week so I decided to call DIBP yesterday in regards to the status of my application. The one I spoke to over the phone said that my application has already been forwarded to a team in Adelaide. When I asked about how long will I be waiting further to get a CO to email me, she said that it takes time and I should just follow-up again after exactly 3 months from lodging. I hope a CO contacts me soon as I have been offered a job in Melbourne to commence on the 1st week of November and the only thing holding me back is that so-called "golden ticket."

Harper,

You will get that soon...

Big Hi to all,

Glad to join this group. Cheers to all achievers !!! Expecting more grants :cute: this month and more celebrations in the group.

Sharing my status -

I have lodged my visa on 12th July. Front-loaded all the required docs on 19th Jul. The next day the status of all those docs changed from "Required" to "Received"

Medicals were done by 23rd Jul and "No health examination required for this ..... " status appeared on 25th Jul.

PCCs also attached on 19th Aug -but these docs' status remained as "Required" , never changed to "Received" !!! No idea why ???

============================================================================================================================

On 24th Sep, got a mail from CO requesting for our Overseas-PCC. Only then I came to know that a CO has been allocated.Strange!!! we have already attached PCCs in our e-visa. All other docs show "Received" status except these - which still show as "Required". My team is Team2 from Adelaide. CO mentioned that she has started processing my case and to process it further, she needs Overseas -PCC for me and my spouse. I had these docs readily available. So, sent them again thru e-mail and also attached them again on my e-visa on 25th Sep.

==============================================================================================================================

Now...I have been waiting since then...hv been checking the status in my e-visa... Status against PCC docs is still - "Required" :confused: - Have they received ???

..it's been 2 weeks so far after the PCCs were submitted.

=========================================================================================================================

Neither stressed nor anxious.. - that won't help. So don't be :cute:.... hope my status is a great relief to those who have submitted in mid jul and been wondering abt the delay though there hv been sm early grants !!!

Big Hi to all,

Glad to join this group. Cheers to all achievers !!! Expecting more grants :cute: this month and more celebrations in the group.

Sharing my status -

I have lodged my visa on 12th July. Front-loaded all the required docs on 19th Jul. The next day the status of all those docs changed from "Required" to "Received"

Medicals were done by 23rd Jul and "No health examination required for this ..... " status appeared on 25th Jul.

PCCs also attached on 19th Aug -but these docs' status remained as "Required" , never changed to "Received" !!! No idea why ???

============================================================================================================================

On 24th Sep, got a mail from CO requesting for our Overseas-PCC. Only then I came to know that a CO has been allocated.Strange!!! we have already attached PCCs in our e-visa. All other docs show "Received" status except these - which still show as "Required". My team is Team2 from Adelaide. CO mentioned that she has started processing my case and to process it further, she needs Overseas -PCC for me and my spouse. I had these docs readily available. So, sent them again thru e-mail and also attached them again on my e-visa on 25th Sep.

==============================================================================================================================

Now...I have been waiting since then...hv been checking the status in my e-visa... Status against PCC docs is still - "Required" :confused: - Have they received ???

=========================================================================================================================

Neither stressed nor anxious.. - that won't help. So don't be :cute:.... hope my status is a great relief to those who have submitted in mid jul and been wondering abt the delay though there hv been sm early grants !!!

Dont worry it was the case for me also.

Hello everyone. Silent follower of the blog until now. Onshore in NSW since Jan 2013 on a 457. Originally from the UK. Lodged application on 29th July after an invite received on the 28th (score 85). Last set of docs loaded in late August UK PCC. Called DIAC twice so far (my wife who's the main applicant thinks that they might black list us if I keep calling them!). Vague answers by people at the DIAC (was calling Brisbane I think). Was told yesterday that application has been allocated to a team. Which? No CO yet. Was informed that they have a priority system for handling application. And based on the criteria (unknown to me) they will process applications. Nothing else will matter! So people who have had their applications processed quickly were presumably fulfilling one of those criteria and the rest who are waiting will just have to wait n be patient as someone suggested in the earlier posts! It's hard to be patient!!

Big Hi to all,

Sharing my status -

When you say you front loaded all documents, did that include a form 80?

Hi all

I cant stop smiling now! i i i got my visa today! What a wonderful day today..^^

Amazing news hesper521, really happy for you

you lodged on the same day as me hopefully it wont be long till i receive mine, ive got a migration agent so have to wait for them to email which is a little frustrating ;)

xxx